PT lock for server maintenance

PT lock for server maintenance
Our we host will be updating our server OS. Last time this happened some PT processes were broken and had to be updated. As a precaution the PT has been locked until I'm informed the upgrade is complete and I can test the impact.

If this stretches past tomorrow, the planned PT update will still happen as scheduled as the new software resides on a separate server.
RE: PT lock for server maintenance
(2023-01-31, 14:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Our we host will be updating our server OS. Last time this happened some PT processes were broken and had to be updated. As a precaution the PT has been locked until I'm informed the upgrade is complete and I can test the impact.

If this stretches past tomorrow, the planned PT update will still happen as scheduled as the new software resides on a separate server.

Does that only mean not being able to submit anything, or general access to PT will be unavailable?
(2023-01-31, 14:52)Max Murtazin Wrote: Does that only mean not being able to submit anything, or general access to PT will be unavailable?

The lock, currently in place, does not prevent general access, only alteration actions (submits, reviews, edits, etc...).
OS upgrade complete. This has broken one of the PT Perl scripts. The lock will remain until I can troubleshoot and repair. If the fix is elusive, the PT will be down until tomorrow when the new PT will take over.
(2023-01-31, 17:40)Orion Pobursky Wrote: OS upgrade complete. This has broken one of the PT Perl scripts. The lock will remain until I can troubleshoot and repair. If the fix is elusive, the PT will be down until tomorrow when the new PT will take over.

Well, if you didn't notice, we were down for quite a bit due to a config problem on our hosts end. Everything is fixed now but I was unable to troubleshoot the script problem while we were down. Based on that, the PT will remain locked and the new PT will take it's place tomorrow by 9 pm Pacific Time (but prolly earlier).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »