LDraw.org 2022-04 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2022-04 Parts Update Now Available
The 2022-04 LDraw Parts Update has been released. This update adds 631 new files to the core library, including 391 new parts and 20 new primitives.

Thanks are due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The small, but dedicated, band of reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit. This update wouldn't have been possible without their dedication and attention to detail.

You can preview the new parts in 2022-04 here, and download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

Orion Pobursky
LDraw.org Parts Library Admin
RE: LDraw.org 2022-04 Parts Update Now Available
Nice, glad to see that it's out!

By the way, one thing I have always found lacking with those update logs is both updated parts and new parts being listed as new. Would be nice if there were a separate lists for both. Is it not being done for a reason, like being too hard or not much people actually caring about it?
Which log are you referring to? The announcement, the notes files, the update page, or something else?
(2022-07-19, 4:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Which log are you referring to? The announcement, the notes files, the update page, or something else?

This page specifically. No way to actually tell new parts from the updated ones. It would be nice to have at least the only actually new parts you can go through and catch some parts you missed having to make your builds. Having to go through a long list of parts big chunks of which are not new, and maybe did not even actually change, only having different header, is not the most pleasing thing to do, and misses a point of this log somewhat for me at least
That link just sent me back to the announcement post but based on the rest of what you wrote I assume you mean the part preview? In that case, that page is auto-generated by a script in the PT release process. This software is old, written in perl, and not written by me. Since the release process is very manual involving many steps and I haven't really sat down to learn what each script fully does, I try not to mess with it too much. That said, if I finally get the PT update out the door (which, as I've written before, I'm well behind my desired timeline), it'll be easier to change things.
(2022-07-19, 5:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: That link just sent me back to the announcement post but based on the rest of what you wrote I assume you mean the part preview? In that case, that page is auto-generated by a script in the PT release process. This software is old, written in perl, and not written by me. Since the release process is very manual involving many steps and I haven't really sat down to learn what each script fully does, I try not to mess with it too much. That said, if I finally get the PT update out the door (which, as I've written before, I'm well behind my desired timeline), it'll be easier to change things.

Yes, checked, the part preview is the thing. 

Okay then, don't hurry with it, just shared my thoughts
It's a valid request and I'm not a fan of the part preview page either. Just thought I'd give some perspective on why I haven't changed it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »