HISTORY lines and the CC BY 2.0

HISTORY lines and the CC BY 2.0
I'm going to become much more of a stickler about HISTORY lines. If you have a submit on a part and you are not the author there must be at least 1 HISTORY line with your username. This is a CC BY 2.0 requirement that we must abide by. Submissions that fail to meet this criteria will be header edited or held until the submitter contacts a Header Admin for an edit.
RE: HISTORY lines and the CC BY 2.0
I wrote a short script to figure out what parts have submit events by authors not listed in a history line. Here are the results (with a few false positives but that's a separate error):

http://beta.ldraw.org/parthistmismatch

Note for future readers of this thread: the above link is temporary and will change without notice at some point in the future.

I will be HOLDing parts that I find where a submitter (that is not the author) has not documented their changes in a !HISTORY comment. There is no need to resubmit. To fix this, contact a Part Header admin.
That's a long list and I'm on it what makes it worse!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-03-04, 18:58)Willy Tschager Wrote: That's a long list and I'm on it what makes it worse!

w.

It's not as long as I feared. Also, double check the comments. There are a few parts here that have been completely rewritten and resubmitted by follow on authors. This isn't something that can be detected with an easy script. Additionally there is at least one false positive "Non-CA User" (hazydavy who is CA).
(2022-03-04, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I will be HOLDing parts that I find where a submitter (that is not the author) has not documented their changes in a !HISTORY comment. There is no need to resubmit. To fix this, contact a Part Header admin.

Are we as Part Header admin allowed to add a history comment without beeing asked to do so?

a. I have not added a History comment on a file I've edited. I am allowed to fix that.
b. Another editor and I have not added a comment. Am I allowed to add both?
c. Another editor have not added a comment. Am I allowed to add a History comment, without being asked to do so?

Am I allowed to work the list, or would that be a break against the requirements?
I'm going to edit the parts I modified and will leave a comment.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-03-04, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I wrote a short script to figure out what parts have submit events by authors not listed in a history line.

What is needed to get a file off the list?
Why does it take some seconds to show the list after I have clicked on the link?
Most of the files I worked on have now a HISTORY line. I did not edit those where I did just some renaming. Please regenerate your list.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-03-05, 13:56)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: What is needed to get a file off the list?
Why does it take some seconds to show the list after I have clicked on the link?

It takes time to load because it's literally scanning the data for every file.

In order to get something off the list, I have to regenerate the parts library in the beta software.
(2022-03-05, 7:35)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Are we as Part Header admin allowed to add a history comment without beeing asked to do so?

a. I have not added a History comment on a file I've edited. I am allowed to fix that.
b. Another editor and I have not added a comment. Am I allowed to add both?
c. Another editor have not added a comment. Am I allowed to add a History comment, without being asked to do so?

Am I allowed to work the list, or would that be a break against the requirements?

Since I (as PTadmin) am giving you direction to edit, you can edit.

That said, don't add a !HISTORY line unless:
a.) You're sure it's needed
b.) It's not an edit by myself, Chris, or Steve (we're already covered by PTadmin)
c.) It's clear what the edit was.
As stated up thread, this list is not "real time". It uses the data in the beta software which is a snapshot of the PT at the time of importation. Data importation takes a lot of time and server resources so I'm not going to run it a bunch.

If you find a part listed in error:
- The Beta ID links to the part on the beta site and the part name links to the active PT.
- Compare the 2 pages and let me know what the issue is so I can pinpoint the problem in the code
(2022-03-05, 16:35)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Since I (as PTadmin) am giving you direction to edit, you can edit.

That said, don't add a !HISTORY line unless:
a.) You're sure it's needed
b.) It's not an edit by myself, Chris, or Steve (we're already covered by PTadmin)
c.) It's clear what the edit was.

After some thought I'll also add:
If the edit was in the header only. The header is touched by both admin and PT software. As such, those edits are covered by the PTadmin attribution.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »