Alphabet/font

Alphabet/font
Has anyone created an alphabet/font in LDraw? Thanks.
RE: Alphabet
(2021-04-09, 2:29)Michael Horvath Wrote: Has anyone created an alphabet/font in LDraw? Thanks.

I'm unclear as to what your question is asking.
(2021-04-09, 3:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm unclear as to what your question is asking.

Sorry. A collection of letters constructed from bricks.
(2021-04-09, 4:41)Michael Horvath Wrote: A collection of letters constructed from bricks.

Not what you asked for, but I've made an alphabet of only lower case letters, using only edge lines.

Attached Files
.mpd   letters.mpd (Size: 7.83 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2021-04-09, 4:41)Michael Horvath Wrote: Sorry. A collection of letters constructed from bricks.
Hopefully you should find interesting things here: https://www.newelementary.com/search?q=L...NG+CONTEST
(2021-04-09, 15:54)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Hopefully you should find interesting things here: https://www.newelementary.com/search?q=L...NG+CONTEST

Thanks! I found what I needed.
(2021-04-09, 14:40)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Not what you asked for, but I've made an alphabet of only lower case letters, using only edge lines.

I ended up using this too, thanks!

What is your "license" for the parts? Public domain?
(2021-04-19, 19:34)Michael Horvath Wrote: What is your "license" for the parts? Public domain?

I've never thought much about this question. What should I write, if I wanted add a licence line?
It feels wrong to use the standard ldraw line referring to a CAreadme.txt

If you find them useful, go ahead, as long as I remain as author of the files.
(2021-04-20, 16:00)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I've never thought much about this question. What should I write, if I wanted add a licence line?
It feels wrong to use the standard ldraw line referring to a CAreadme.txt

If you find them useful, go ahead, as long as I remain as author of the files.

The problem is I want to use them in a model that is published online where other people can download it, as well as your files.

Creative Commons has some good licenses. You can take a look at them.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
RE: Alphabet/font
Inspired by this topic, and starting with works found in this thread, I've been compiling a typeface of "legal" (i.e. not requiring any jumper plates) tile-based letters and numbers. 

To help others, I'll post the DAT file here, once I'm done. ;-)  

I've also added some common punctuation marks. So far, I've got the period, the comma, the colon, the semicolon, and the hyphen. Any other marks you think we should have?

Franklin
Nice!
(2021-10-30, 23:08)Franklin W. Cain Wrote: Any other marks you think we should have?
Exclamation / question marks? Possibly slash and backslash. "e" looks weird, isn't it backwards?
(2021-10-31, 9:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: "e" looks weird, isn't it backwards?

(sigh)...  
Yup, you're right.  ^_^  
Too much cold/flu medication.
(2021-10-31, 9:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Possibly slash and backslash. 

A backslash would just be a mirror of a slash. 

Only marks left should be quotes/apostrophes and/or parenthesis, I'm thinking. And since the major use of this font would be for ship markings on hulls, I think this font-face is already complete. 

Franklin
Here's the completed font: 

And here is an example of the font in use: 

Please let me know what you think!  ;-) 
Franklin
I like the "Willy" part of it.:-D

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2021-10-31, 18:41)Franklin W. Cain Wrote: Please let me know what you think!  ;-) 
Franklin

Would the "v"s look better with 1x1 half circle bottom? Also, would the comma (including the lower half of the semi-colon) look better a just a 1x1 half circle directly above a 1x1 quarter circle?
(2021-11-03, 20:50)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Would the "v"s look better with 1x1 half circle bottom?

Also, would the comma (including the lower half of the semi-colon) look better a just a 1x1 half circle directly above a 1x1 quarter circle?

Let's test and see.  ;-)  

Franklin
(2021-11-04, 11:51)Franklin W. Cain Wrote: Let's test and see.  ;-)  

I don't know what others think, but I personally feel that both changes are improvements.
(2021-11-06, 3:19)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I don't know what others think, but I personally feel that both changes are improvements.

Yes!
Is there a way to make all lover case letters the same height?  a, e, s and z stand out very much if you write something in only lower case.
And any font without the nordic, danish and german letters is not complete. And how about the french and spanish letters?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »