Can't Start LDPartEditor

Can't Start LDPartEditor
Greetings all.
Can't start LDPartEditor...
Here's the error log:
Code:
[LDPartEditor RELEASE ] Started on Tue Oct 05 12:58:34 EDT 2021
Unhandled event loop exception during blocked modal context.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: This function is not available.
    at org.lwjgl.system.Checks.checkFunctionAddress(Checks.java:89)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.glUseProgram(GL20.java:477)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.opengl.OpenGLRendererPrimitives20.drawScene(OpenGLRendererPrimitives20.java:93)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.composite.primitive.CompositePrimitive$2.run(CompositePrimitive.java:360)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runTimer(Display.java:4090)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.messageProc(Display.java:3207)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3585)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:166)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:469)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.composite.primitive.CompositePrimitive.loadPrimitives(CompositePrimitive.java:576)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.shell.editor3d.Editor3DDesign.createContents(Editor3DDesign.java:1423)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.shell.editor3d.Editor3DWindow.run(Editor3DWindow.java:275)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.splash.SplashScreen.run(SplashScreen.java:412)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.main.LDPartEditor.main(LDPartEditor.java:48)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: This function is not available.
    at org.lwjgl.system.Checks.checkFunctionAddress(Checks.java:89)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.glCreateShader(GL20.java:260)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.opengl.OpenGLRenderer20.loadGlossVertexShader(OpenGLRenderer20.java:2118)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.opengl.OpenGLRenderer20.init(OpenGLRenderer20.java:209)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.composite.Composite3D.<init>(Composite3D.java:1271)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.composite.CompositeContainer.<init>(CompositeContainer.java:40)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.shell.editor3d.Editor3DDesign.createContents(Editor3DDesign.java:1473)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.shell.editor3d.Editor3DWindow.run(Editor3DWindow.java:275)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.splash.SplashScreen.run(SplashScreen.java:412)
    at org.nschmidt.ldparteditor.main.LDPartEditor.main(LDPartEditor.java:48)

As you can see in the log, the splash screen has time to show up a few seconds before the program crashes.

I'm running a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit machine with no GPU and an Intel i2 CPU.

Thanks in advance for any help!
God bless.

--
G. D. Grant
RE: Can't Start LDPartEditor
It's definitely graphics related and having no GPU is prolly the issue. Whatever software OpenGL driver is on your machine doesn't seem to support some needed feature of OpenGL 2.0
(2021-10-06, 1:50)Orion Pobursky Wrote: It's definitely graphics related and having no GPU is prolly the issue. Whatever software OpenGL driver is on your machine doesn't seem to support some needed feature of OpenGL 2.0

OK. I had my doubts too.
Now, given that my PC tells me that "all your drivers are up to date," I'm not running LDPartEditor on my machine till I get a GPU, is that right? Or is there some hack out of this (the latter sounds cooler to me 😎)?

Thanks for your help!

--
G. D. Grant
(2021-10-06, 14:03)G.D. Grant Wrote: Now, given that my PC tells me that "all your drivers are up to date," I'm not running LDPartEditor on my machine till I get a GPU, is that right? Or is there some hack out of this (the latter sounds cooler to me 😎)?

Do note, you can't really use a pc without a graphics card of some kind (most boards won't even boot without one).

So most likely your cpu has an integrated graphics card.

But given its age, it might be of a very low OpenGL version, or worse it has a 'lazy' OpenGL driver.

A decent driver would do in software the things the hardware doesn't do in order to confirm to a specific GL version (2.1 most likely when using very old hardware).

So the main question is what minimal version of OpenGL does LDPartEditor need.
Roland brings up a good point. What's your CPU?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »