LDView LDView 4.4 Released

LDView 4.4 Released
LDView 4.4 is now available.

You can download this release from the LDView Downloads Page.

In my opinion, the biggest enhancements in this release are:

1. Support for DPI scaling (AKA High DPI) on Windows, as well as Retina displays on macOS.
  2. Support for SPHERICAL and CYLINDRICAL texture maps.
  3. A new Search field in the Model Tree.
  4. Support for !DATA meta-command for embedding texture maps into MPDs.
  5. LDView.com executable in Windows so that command line usage now shows errors (and optionally warnings).
  6. Support for macOS Finder thumbnail generation (toggle on LDraw tab of preferences).
  7. Support for macOS Dark Mode.
  8. Support for Apple Silicon-based Macs.
  9. Multiple important TEXMAP bug fixes.
You can see the full Change History here.
RE: LDView 4.4 Released
Awesome. Thanks for this release Travis. Especially the full support for TEXMAPs and support for the !DATA tag.
(2021-07-08, 2:03)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Awesome. Thanks for this release Travis. Especially the full support for TEXMAPs and support for the !DATA tag.

You're welcome. I wish I could have released it sooner, but such is the life for hobby development.
The random colour button is now toggling between uncoloured and a fixed set of colours.
The colours are only randomized once, and then the same colours come back on every other click.

As a user I want them randomized every time, or at least choose between random and fixed colours.
(2021-07-22, 16:09)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: The random colour button is now toggling between uncoloured and a fixed set of colours.
The colours are only randomized once, and then the same colours come back on every other click.

As a user I want them randomized every time, or at least choose between random and fixed colours.

That was done to fix a bug with exporting. A loaded model will now only calculate the random colors once. However, a new random set gets used each time it is loaded, so simply reload the model (File->Reload) while random colors are enabled to get a new set of colors.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »