Live LDraw building

Live LDraw building
So I got this great idea to do a "watch me build this in LDraw" livestream on YouTube or some other platform. Unfortunately it would have to be in the evening my time (Pacific) so that's super late for the US East coast or supper early for Europe. Is there any interest in something like this?
RE: Live LDraw building
(2021-05-17, 1:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: So I got this great idea to do a "watch me build this in LDraw" livestream on YouTube or some other platform. Unfortunately it would have to be in the evening my time (Pacific) so that's super late for the US East coast or supper early for Europe. Is there any interest in something like this?

There are definitely a large number of non-live videos of this kind out there (they often get mis-identified as set "reviews" on Brickset). So there's clearly some interest in theory, I just don't know how much of a limitation the live aspect would be vis-a-vis your time zone.
(2021-05-17, 1:45)N. W. Perry Wrote: There are definitely a large number of non-live videos of this kind out there (they often get mis-identified as set "reviews" on Brickset). So there's clearly some interest in theory, I just don't know how much of a limitation the live aspect would be vis-a-vis your time zone.

Yah. The recorded tutorial/build video idea has been bubbling under in my mind for a while now. I just need to get a good mic.
(2021-05-17, 1:59)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yah. The recorded tutorial/build video idea has been bubbling under in my mind for a while now. I just need to get a good mic.

Well the tutorial part, in my opinion there's definitely room for. All the videos I've seen are nothing but playback, with no commentary or narrative. Having someone actually discuss what's going on would be novel, and welcome.
(2021-05-17, 1:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: So I got this great idea to do a "watch me build this in LDraw" livestream on YouTube or some other platform. Unfortunately it would have to be in the evening my time (Pacific) so that's super late for the US East coast or supper early for Europe. Is there any interest in something like this?

I am having the same idea for some time now too (see PM). I think there would be interest to see an "expert" seasoned LDraw user build something digital while giving comments on what one is doing, explaining tricks, and even answering questions live. I certainly would be interested to watch, but also do something like this myself.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »