Generating Building Instructions?

Generating Building Instructions?
I am converting my LXF Lego Digital Designer models into LDR files using LeoCAD. Once they are converted into LDR files the building instructions do not get copied over. Lego Digital Designer had automatic generated building instructions for their kits, but LDR files have manual designed building instructions which need to be made by the user.

Is there a way to automatically generating building instructions for LDR files or an easy way to create building instruction for big models which many pieces?
RE: Generating Building Instructions?
Hello, 

Currently I am not aware of any program right now that does it within the LDraw ecosystem. Studio is generating instructions, but as I have not tried it, I cannot judge the result. 

See also here, 
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-24557-po...l#pid40915
Where a project for an AI is going on/planned
(2021-04-28, 6:22)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Studio is generating instructions, but as I have not tried it, I cannot judge the result.
It does, but like LPub3D it needs manually added steps... Anyway the "building instructions" done by LDD were mostly useless as soon as you used SNOT or Technic!
(2021-04-28, 13:06)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: It does, but like LPub3D it needs manually added steps... Anyway the "building instructions" done by LDD were mostly useless as soon as you used SNOT or Technic!

True the LDD generated building instructions were not the best. Is it easier to create building instructions with LPub3D with models that are already built?
(2021-04-29, 3:22)yevillustd Wrote: True the LDD generated building instructions were not the best. Is it easier to create building instructions with LPub3D with models that are already built?
I'd say the difficulty is similar, Studio and LPub3D requires you to go through your model organization to add steps and make submodels in order to get usable building instructions. Overall, LPub3D offers more possibility - but of course this comes with a complexity price...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »