LDCad Some LDCad questions

Some LDCad questions
1. Does the program indicate anywhere what the filename of the currently selected part or submodel is?
2. Is there a file list somewhere that will allow me to select one or more parts or submodels based on their filename?
3. How do I select the current part or submodel's parent part or submodel?
4. Is there a way to decrease the font size of the GUI elements? Can I change the font itself to a different one? The default font is very wide.

Thanks.
RE: Some LDCad questions
Michael Horvath Wrote: 1. Does the program indicate anywhere what the filename of the currently selected part or submodel is?

You can either mouse over the part or see the part in the editor section.

Michael Horvath Wrote: 2. Is there a file list somewhere that will allow me to select one or more parts or submodels based on their filename?

You can select all the parts with the same name as the selected part with Select-> Same Part
As far as I know you can't do a "wildcard" based selection

Michael Horvath Wrote: 3. How do I select the current part or submodel's parent part or submodel?

I don't understand the question

Michael Horvath Wrote: 4. Is there a way to decrease the font size of the GUI elements? Can I change the font itself to a different one? The default font is very wide.

You can edit the GUI template. More info is here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/gui
(2021-04-08, 0:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You can either mouse over the part or see the part in the editor section.

How do I enable that section?

(2021-04-08, 0:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You can select all the parts with the same name as the selected part with Select-> Same Part
As far as I know you can't do a "wildcard" based selection

No, I need to be able to see/read the filename string itself.

(2021-04-08, 0:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I don't understand the question

It is an MPD model with submodel tree. How do I quickly select the current submodel's parent?

(2021-04-08, 0:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You can edit the GUI template. More info is here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/gui

Thanks!
(2021-04-09, 2:32)Michael Horvath Wrote: How do I enable that section?

Go to View -> New Source Window. You can dock it by holding down Ctrl and dragging it where you want. Once you have the various windows docked that way you like I recommend you lock them by going to Prefs -> GUI -> Lock docked windows. You can still resize them horizontally or vertically if needed but you wont accidentally undock them with a click and drag.

(2021-04-09, 2:32)Michael Horvath Wrote: It is an MPD model with submodel tree. How do I quickly select the current submodel's parent?

Roland can correct me but I don't think there a good way to "see the tree". You can, however, see all the files in the current MPD in the part bin area by selecting Model (content) overview information groups -> Content of current session's file
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »