LDView Highlight edges in model tree?

Highlight edges in model tree?
Is there a way to highlight edge lines while browsing the model tree? I know condlines will highlight, but regular edges don't seem to.
RE: Highlight edges in model tree?
(2020-09-15, 22:23)N. W. Perry Wrote: Is there a way to highlight edge lines while browsing the model tree? I know condlines will highlight, but regular edges don't seem to.

In my testing, it works for individual edges (just like it works for individual conditional edges), but not for things like 4-4edge.dat. If you highlight a single type 2 line in a file, are you saying that you don't see it highlight? In any event, the current behavior does seem wrong; I will investigate.

I created an Issue in LDView's GitHub repository.
RE: Highlight edges in model tree?
(2020-09-16, 1:13)Travis Cobbs Wrote: In my testing, it works for individual edges (just like it works for individual conditional edges), but not for things like 4-4edge.dat. If you highlight a single type 2 line in a file, are you saying that you don't see it highlight? In any event, the current behavior does seem wrong; I will investigate.

I created an Issue in LDView's GitHub repository.

For me, it doesn't work either way. Neither edge primitives nor type 2 lines are highlighted.

However—I just now opened up a file to test some more, and for some reason, in this file it works! Both edge prims and type 2 lines are indeed highlighted. And I can tell the difference if I select a subfile with both faces and edges; in this file, the edges will highlight in the subfile along with the faces, but in most files, only the faces do.

The only caveat I noticed is that if edge lines are being shown in geometry prefs, the highlight will z-fight with it; if I turn off edge lines, then they will highlight cleanly.

But, so far I've just found the one file where it works. If I open the subparts of that file, it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: I just tested another part where it works for edge prims, but not for type 2 lines.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »