LDCad Twisted string template?

Twisted string template?
I was trying to make an LDCad template for a braided string/rope, using LSynth donors like x77a and x77b. But it's required to roll the donor part progressively at some angle, I think 30° (but not certain), and as far as I can see there's no option to do that.

Best I could come up with was to have successive instances of the donor in a group, with the rotation manually set, but the results were not good. (The donors don't align well or blend together.) Is there a way to do it?

If not, I can get a pretty good-looking result with the LS60 donor (but a custom all-black version for rendering). I'm mainly interested in getting something with a little more texture, like the rough fibers of a string.
RE: Twisted string template?
(2020-07-28, 19:16)N. W. Perry Wrote: I was trying to make an LDCad template for a braided string/rope, using LSynth donors like x77a and x77b. But it's required to roll the donor part progressively at some angle, I think 30° (but not certain), and as far as I can see there's no option to do that.

A progressive roll is currently not supported, I like the idea though so I might add it to the next version.

In the meantime you can use a single 180 or 360 roll section as a donor, and use:

a base-size of 100%
a small overlap (segment size e.g. 95%)
a placement type of "Static placement'
a final scale of "Segment merge only"
RE: Twisted string template?
(2020-07-29, 20:46)Roland Melkert Wrote: A progressive roll is currently not supported, I like the idea though so I might add it to the next version.

In the meantime you can use a single 180 or 360 roll section as a donor, and use:

a base-size of 100%
a small overlap (segment size e.g. 95%)
a placement type of "Static placement'
a final scale of "Segment merge only"
i got it, thank you for the explanation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »