How do I submit new parts?

How do I submit new parts?
I made .dat and tested it in stud.io. 
How do I submit it to ldraw.org?
On the parts tracker side under "submit" it just says:

Sorry, your userid (Wiktor) must have submit privileges in order to submit files.

btw, the part I made:
Motorcycle Chassis, Snowmobile 37496
RE: How do I submit new parts?
(2020-04-16, 17:28)Knosala Wrote: I made .dat and tested it in stud.io. 

Sorry, your userid (Wiktor) must have submit privileges in order to submit files.

btw, the part I made:

You have to email the Library Admin, Chris Dee, at [email protected] for permission to submit.
(2020-04-16, 17:28)Knosala Wrote: I made .dat and tested it in stud.io. 

btw, the part I made:

To submit parts, you must be authorized as an author on the Parts Tracker and have read and affirmed the Contributor Agreement.

To become authorized as an author you must first register with the LDraw.org Forum (it's free) and then send an email to the Parts Library Admin (Chris Dee) with your true first and last names and your LDraw.org username. You must also include the statement "I accept the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement with regards to all past and future contributions I make to LDraw.org".

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thank you guys for your reply.
I started making parts just a week ago, I'm basically a noop, so I apologies for any past and future mistakes in advance.  Wink

I will contact Chris immediately.
(2020-04-17, 6:44)Knosala Wrote: Thank you guys for your reply.
I started making parts just a week ago, I'm basically a noop, so I apologies for any past and future mistakes in advance.  Wink

I will contact Chris immediately.

Don't be embarrassed to ask questions. This is a noob friendly zone. Violators will be forced to author Bionicle parts.
(2020-04-17, 14:27)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Violators will be forced to author Bionicle parts.

ROFL
Hej Wiktor,

I decided to treat one of your files as I see it, as rawdata, and gave it a good clean-up. I hope you don't mind.
I think it might be the best way to show you how we like to have them done. Instead of writing a review on the Part Tracker

The light yellow part is my file as it is rendered in LDView.
As you can see the resolution in your design is way to much. Attatched here are two files I made.

So what did I do?
  • Corrected the origin. I placed it in the center of the pinhole.
  • Reduced the mesh by deleting more than half of your vertices. Yours have 1789 vertices. Mine have 535, including the primitives I added.
  • Divided the mesh into 2 halves. Why have a complete mesh when you can subfile half of it, and use it in a mirrored position?
  • Removed the part you had hidden inside. I used a connhole.dat primitive instead.
  • Added a stud primitive. Connhole and stud primitives (with connection info) makes the part easy to connect too.
  • Added conditional edge lines on the surfaces. Gives the part an distinct edge when you rotate the part.

Attached Files
.dat   34987_mfg.dat (Size: 527 bytes / Downloads: 1)
.dat   34987_mfgs01.dat (Size: 42.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »