maxifig parts missing

maxifig parts missing
hi everyone!

at https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p...e-in-ldraw i'm trying to contribute with ldr models from the 70's, including those with maxifigs, and i got these parts missing:

- bb15b (from 210 Cowboys) - Maxifig Cowboy Hat
- x196 (or u196? - from 212 Scooter, 200 Family Set, and etc.) - Maxifig Hair Long
- bb15d (from 215 Red Indians) - Maxifig Indian Feather
- x407 (from 1561 Lufthansa, and etc.) - Maxifig Hat

i don't know if anyone can help there 
(i would want helping on  creating and submitting these parts if i knew how to do it...)

thanks in advance! Smile
RE: maxifig parts missing
Hi Paulo, welcome here...

I see that you found the 457.dat oar Wink
For the others... If you know how to 3D-model parts you are welcome to give a try at those parts. I did make some of maxifig parts (eg. hair pieces) but I don't have the parts you mention...
(2020-03-11, 11:24)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Hi Paulo, welcome here...

I see that you found the 457.dat oar Wink
For the others... If you know how to 3D-model parts you are welcome to give a try at those parts. I did make some of maxifig parts (eg. hair pieces) but I don't have the parts you mention...

She waiting for hair too ...
I have the part but not accessible for the moment.

I found only this one:

- bb15b (from 210 Cowboys) - Maxifig Cowboy Hat

but nothing else
I'll just put in an official request for the fire helmet, if anyone happens to have it (or think they can work from what photos are out there).
(2022-04-22, 2:31)N. W. Perry Wrote: I'll just put in an official request for the fire helmet, if anyone happens to have it (or think they can work from what photos are out there).
I'll have a look...
(2022-04-22, 8:25)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I'll have a look...
Before I go further, can you have a look? A lot of guesstimations here...

Attached Files
.dat   u558.dat (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 4)
.dat   u558s01.dat (Size: 5.51 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2022-04-22, 17:03)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Before I go further, can you have a look? A lot of guesstimations here...

I'm probably guesstimating just as much, but I think the brim in back extends just a bit farther (maybe twice the width of the crest) and maybe curves more steeply downward. The brim might be a little thinner overall, too (but that can be deceptive).

Here's an image with a good top perspective. And here's a video where you can get a pretty good look at the inside/underside, if that helps.

But definitely looking good so far!
(2022-04-23, 3:04)N. W. Perry Wrote: I'm probably guesstimating just as much, but I think the brim in back extends just a bit farther (maybe twice the width of the crest) and maybe curves more steeply downward. The brim might be a little thinner overall, too (but that can be deceptive).
Always interesting to discuss this kind of details with someone else...
I based the brim length on this: https://youtu.be/UTX6sMmk3Go?t=501 but I now see that it actually enters the opening in back wall so it can be a bit longer. Agree with the other points too, I'll try to improve.

Edit: Attached modified version, if we agree I'll then build inside!

Attached Files
.dat   u558s01.dat (Size: 11.57 KB / Downloads: 3)
.dat   u558.dat (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 2)
You should probably move the 4-4edge to the main part rather than having it in the subpart.
(2022-04-23, 12:17)Mark Kennedy Wrote: You should probably move the 4-4edge to the main part rather than having it in the subpart.
Oh yes, it is just there to mark the position of head. Will be cleaned when I build inside!
(2022-04-23, 6:41)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Always interesting to discuss this kind of details with someone else...
I based the brim length on this: https://youtu.be/UTX6sMmk3Go?t=501 but I now see that it actually enters the opening in back wall so it can be a bit longer. Agree with the other points too, I'll try to improve.

Edit: Attached modified version, if we agree I'll then build inside!

Modified version looks like the same dimensions, to me…?

I made a couple of (very unscientific) sketches to show what my eye is seeing:

The rectangle is in 2:1 ratio, comparing the width of the crest to the surface of the brim. Otherwise, the shape from top angle looks very good!

I rubber-stamped the ear stud, showing there's room for 3 more of them under the hat. And the end of the brim seems to sit at or below the center of the ear (if he were wearing it horizontal, anyway).

LDCad sketch of where I think the curve might be…roughly…. Actually it's probably somewhere between my version and yours because I forgot to account for the thickness. :-)
I also wondered if the front of the hat is a little too blunt, but that's getting really picky and kind of depends on the angle you're looking at!

Like we said, hard to guesstimate without a physical part present—but they only ever came in this one set (218/340)!
Now on PT! https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...s/u558.dat
(2022-04-24, 12:19)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Now on PT! https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...s/u558.dat

Looks perfect to me—well done!

Now I guess I'll have to build that model for the OMR. :-) (Hoping to include some new string reel parts along with it…)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »