X of the Month Contests.

X of the Month Contests.
I'd like to resurrect the Model/Scene/Part of the Month Contest and replace the "News" box on the front page with it. I think I'd like to start with Model of the Month, see how that goes, and expand from there. Thoughts?
RE: X of the Month Contests.
Not a bad idea. But why was it removed in the first place? There must have been a good reason.

Also. With all the amazing renderings of new models, it will surely look good - just like the pictures we see with tag ldraw from Flickr.
(2019-01-18, 21:43)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: Not a bad idea. But why was it removed in the first place? There must have been a good reason.

Also. With all the amazing renderings of new models, it will surely look good - just like the pictures we see with tag ldraw from Flickr.

It stopped around the time I took a brief step back from actively running things. When I got back into the swing of things we switched website software and moved from Lugnet to the forums so I was busy with those things. I’ve been wanting to get it up and running again but haven’t had the time. Now that we control the server for the main site, I can automate things easier and see the possibility to restart.
(2019-01-18, 21:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2019-01-18, 21:43)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: Not a bad idea. But why was it removed in the first place? There must have been a good reason.

It stopped around the time I took a brief step back from actively running things. When I got back into the swing of things we switched website software and moved from Lugnet to the forums so I was busy with those things. I’ve been wanting to get it up and running again but haven’t had the time. Now that we control the server for the main site, I can automate things easier and see the possibility to restart.

Running it was a lot of work I personally prefer to invest that time in authoring part ... but since we are talking about showing activity on LDraw you could add the "Latest files" stream of the OMR to the home page.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-01-19, 22:21)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2019-01-18, 21:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: It stopped around the time I took a brief step back from actively running things. When I got back into the swing of things we switched website software and moved from Lugnet to the forums so I was busy with those things. I’ve been wanting to get it up and running again but haven’t had the time. Now that we control the server for the main site, I can automate things easier and see the possibility to restart.

Running it was a lot of work I personally prefer to invest that time in authoring part ... but since we are talking about showing activity on LDraw you could add the "Latest files" stream of the OMR to the home page.

w.

I think I can automate a large amount of the process. Especially now that we have browser base model viewers.
(2019-01-20, 0:04)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2019-01-19, 22:21)Willy Tschager Wrote: Running it was a lot of work I personally prefer to invest that time in authoring part ... but since we are talking about showing activity on LDraw you could add the "Latest files" stream of the OMR to the home page.

w.

I think I can automate a large amount of the process. Especially now that we have browser base model viewers.

Will be a bit confusing in the beginning and look like OMR is a bit outdated, because we're going to be updating the older models until we're on actual. But there are currently many changes, as files are added constantly.
As an OMR Admin (and of course, if I was not) I think it's a good idea.
If nothing goes right, go left.
> I think I can automate a large amount of the process. Especially now that we have browser base model viewers.

nice.
?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »