LDView Weirdness

LDView Weirdness
Could some one tell me what is going on here? This snap shot is taken from LDView. Some of the part outline colors on the model are randomly switched. Some black parts have a dark outline while others have a lighter out line, Same with the red and light gray.

I would actually like to make all the black parts show with the lighter outline as I'm trying to get them to show up better when rendering instructions with LPub3D. But the red and light gray should all have the darker outline like normal.

[Image: 42452047485_0db8797dee_b.jpg]LDView Weirdness by Cale Leiphart, on Flickr

Any help would be appreciated.

Cale
RE: LDView Weirdness
Welcome Cale,

The colors of the edge lines can be controlled with the help of the LDConfig.ldr file. See the extract below. EDGE defines the RGB value in hexadecimal format.

If you check the value for the colors you used, you can modify them as you like

Code:
0 LDraw.org Configuration File
0 Name: LDConfig.ldr
0 Author: LDraw.org
0 !LDRAW_ORG Configuration UPDATE 2018-03-03

0 // LDraw Solid Colours
0                              // LEGOID  26 - Black
0 !COLOUR Black                                                 CODE   0   VALUE #05131D   EDGE #595959
0                              // LEGOID  23 - Bright Blue
0 !COLOUR Blue                                                  CODE   1   VALUE #0055BF   EDGE #333333
0                              // LEGOID  28 - Dark Green
0 !COLOUR Green                                                 CODE   2   VALUE #257A3E   EDGE #333333
A modified config file can't fix this.
A single color code can't give a red brick both light and dark edges. There must be something else wrong here.

Are some of the red bricks placed in a subfile, and that subfile  have been colored in a color with light edges?
(2018-07-12, 16:28)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: A modified config file can't fix this.
A single color code can't give a red brick both light and dark edges. There must be something else wrong here.

Are some of the red bricks placed in a subfile, and that subfile  have been colored in a color with light edges?

Might be anti alias and or z-fighting issues.

The image also seems to have a fish eye distortion imho.
I have never seen that happen (one color producing two different edge colors). If you send your model to the LDView email address, I can investigate.
(2018-07-13, 4:22)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I have never seen that happen (one color producing two different edge colors). If you send your model to the LDView email address, I can investigate.

Email sent.

Cale
I’ve been playing with the files since my post on the Draw forum. The problem seems to be coming from the chrome axles, and the trans clear 2x2 windows. By moving and recoloring them I’m able to eliminate some of the grant edge lines, but not all. This isn’t exclusively an LDView problem though. When I tried the file on another computer using Bricksmith, I got the same issues. MLcad however does not have any issues, and when I open the file with a previous version of LDView on another computer, it renders everything fine as well.

Also, with the current version of LDView, I can’t adjust the thickness of the edge lines. I can move the slider, but it has no effect.

Cale
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »