Is there somewhere I can download the LDraw image library?

Is there somewhere I can download the LDraw image library?
I want to use SR3D Builder which still works fine. 
I imported all new and experimental parts and they are all missing an image file so it's really hard to use them (See figure 1)
If you don't know what I'm talking about, see figure 2.
Alternatively, could someone just upload their own library for me?

Figure 1
[Image: 65ae613023.png]

Figure 2
[Image: 32ab0ee312.jpg]
RE: Is there somewhere I can download the LDraw image library?
This is one of the big problem with SR3d is indeed the generation of part images. I was never able to use built in mechanism (crash), always wondered how Sergio made the thumbnails.

When used Sr3d I generated images for special parts with inventory function of MPDcenter, after creation of a model containing all parts missing a thumbnail.
(2017-04-30, 8:17)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: This is one of the big problem with SR3d is indeed the generation of part images. I was never able to use built in mechanism (crash), always wondered how Sergio made the thumbnails.

When used Sr3d I generated images for special parts with inventory function of MPDcenter, after creation of a model containing all parts missing a thumbnail.

So what you are saying is that it is possible to generate images with MPDcenter when creating a models part list?
(2017-04-30, 8:24)Carsten Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 8:17)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: This is one of the big problem with SR3d is indeed the generation of part images. I was never able to use built in mechanism (crash), always wondered how Sergio made the thumbnails.

So what you are saying is that it is possible to generate images with MPDcenter when creating a models part list?
Yes, exactly. Not home now so I can't give you a detailed walkthrough...
Note also that Sr3d needs to sizes of thumbnails. Of course you can create them twice in different sizes, but I got a better visual result by creating bigger images and resizing then to the right sizes with batch Photoshop action.
(2017-04-30, 11:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 8:24)Carsten Wrote: So what you are saying is that it is possible to generate images with MPDcenter when creating a models part list?
Yes, exactly. Not home now so I can't give you a detailed walkthrough...
Note also that Sr3d needs to sizes of thumbnails. Of course you can create them twice in different sizes, but I got a better visual result by creating bigger images and resizing then to the right sizes with batch Photoshop action.

Cool, If you can give me the details of using MPDcenter then I can generate all the images, and upload them to this forum somewhere.
I can resize the images myself using another program, so no need to walk me through photoshop Smile
Forgot to come back...
You can download MPDCenter from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=mpdcenter and LDView from http://ldview.sourceforge.net/
Launch LDView, and open a part file (2x4 brick 3001.dat is fine) and check that it looks right (part color, background, etc...)

Once you have a LDraw file containing all the parts for which you need images (*):
- Launch MPDCenter
- Setup MPDCenter so that it knows where LDView is located (options -> options)
- File -> open your file
- Information -> inventory
There, you can check that the parts thumnails look fine (show preview) and choose thumnail size
then press OK, choose a folder that will receive the images and wait (about 0.5s per image).

(*) This may actually be the hardest... you can either use SR3d and pile up parts missing thumbnails. I used a more brute force method, make a list of all parts in LDraw parts folder (Windows command prompt in parts folder then type 
Code:
dir *.dat /b > allparts.ldr
then edit the file to transform each line xxxxx.dat
into
Code:
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 xxxxx.dat

Hope it helps...

Now, I must say that although I used SR3D a lot in the past I have now completely switched to LDCad and I am extremely happy with it! The only area where SR3D is still interesting is for mechanical animations. LDCad can do wonderful animations, but you must write scripts for that. With SR3d you can simply turn gears and move levers...
Alright thanks, I got it working now.
It's not pretty but it's there I guess. Some of the parts aren't connecting to other pieces either, but I suppose this is because they are still "unofficial" or beta parts?
As you can see, it's not the same orientation, scale or even smoothness of the existing parts, but it gets the job done I suppose.
I put the background color as teal but it came out green, dunno why but it sure is easier than doing all parts individually.
[Image: d8962ac2f1.png]
Great!
As for connectivity of new parts you have to define it in external "Patch" files. See
http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/TechnicalIssues.html
See also forum http://sr3d.spoonclan.com/viewforum.php?...41e0ee59fd
(2017-05-06, 6:23)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Great!
As for connectivity of new parts you have to define it in external "Patch" files. See
http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/TechnicalIssues.html
See also forum http://sr3d.spoonclan.com/viewforum.php?...41e0ee59fd

I can open the .dat files in notepad but I have no idea of how I'm supposed to understand it all.
Are you sure it won't get solved when the parts become official?
It's not that big of a deal anyway at the time being.
No it won't change with officialization of parts. It's something specific to SR3d. At first sight it seems  complex but it's just a matter of specifying the coordinates and orientation of connexion points as well as their type.
(2017-05-07, 10:55)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: No it won't change with officialization of parts. It's something specific to SR3d. At first sight it seems  complex but it's just a matter of specifying the coordinates and orientation of connexion points as well as their type.

Aw that's too bad, I really like SR3D Builder. The only gripe I have with other softwares, is that the rotation mode is fucked up.
I'm currently giving LDD a chance where the rotation mode is intuitive, but it's quite a bit harder to work with.
I couldn't find any settings in MLCad or LDCad to change the view mode. If possible however, I'll give that a try as well.

It looks to me like Sergio used MS Visual Basic to make the software. Hopefully one day, we'll have a perfect Cad to work with.
(2017-05-07, 21:39)Carsten Wrote: Aw that's too bad, I really like SR3D Builder. The only gripe I have with other softwares, is that the rotation mode is fucked up.
I couldn't find any settings in MLCad or LDCad to change the view mode. If possible however, I'll give that a try as well.
In LDCad you can change rotation mode from Trackball mode (default) to Spin mode (closer to LDD behaviour). Click on "TBL" in the lower left axis panel  to change mode. See Basic Editing tutorial for more details.

[Image: docEdit-compass.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »