Mirrored Model?

Mirrored Model?
Hello,

Hopefully I'm in the right topic. 

I've been having fun creating my MOC design with stud.io, LDraw, and LDD. But I've always wondered: Is there a lego program out there that will mirror a model? 

In my design, I have many symmetrical parts, so this would definitely be coolSmile

-Luis
RE: Mirrored Model?
(2017-03-28, 23:31)Luis Wrote: Hello,

I've been having fun creating my MOC design with stud.io, LDraw, and LDD. But I've always wondered: Is there a lego program out there that will mirror a model? 

In my design, I have many symmetrical parts, so this would definitely be coolSmile

-Luis

The only program I'm aware of is SR3DBuilder. Unfortunately the maintainer passed away several years ago and his estate has declined to release the source in keeping with his wishes.
(2017-03-28, 23:31)Luis Wrote: But I've always wondered: Is there a lego program out there that will mirror a model?

Sure LDCad as well as MLCad can mirror via the Rotation Matrix. But I don't recall right now what will happen to the stud logo. As far as I remember LDView will correct this, but I have no clue what will happen in a POV export.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Latest version of LDCad (1.6) does have a mirroring function that allows you to mirror a selection or a complete submodel. This function moves parts that are symmetrical, and use symmetrical counterpart where needed. This relies either on "left"/"right" qualifier in description (wedges, Technic panels) or special meta command in shadow library for other. I was sceptical initially on the usefulness of this function, but I now see that I use it frequently - and it works very well!

-Luis

If you are working with LDraw files it is easy to mirror a model. Just use MLCad and mirror the model.

cu
Mike
(2017-06-07, 1:00)miranaE112 Wrote:
I've been having fun creating my MOC design [url=http://www.shuttle-paris-airports.com/]cdg transportation[/url] with stud.io, LDraw, and LDD. But I've always wondered: Is there a lego program out there that will mirror a model? 
-Luis

Hello,
I think there are some, but I do not know. Ask the admin, they know a lot more!

You sound like a bot. Be careful or you'll be purged in a wink of an eye.

w.
LEGO ergo sum

I've been having fun creating my MOC  comparateur mutuelle chat  design with stud.io, LDraw, and LDD. But I've always wondered: Is there a lego program out there that will mirror a model? 

-Luis

Hello! 
This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful to me.
Thanks!
(2017-09-28, 14:43)charli xavier Wrote: Hello! 
This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful to me.
Thanks!

Hello!
This sounds like you are a spammer. I've got my cursor on the "Block Spammer Button".
Thanks!
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »