LDraw OMR website

Re: LDraw OMR website
Merlijn Wissink Wrote:There are only 6 files at the moment. I still can't download the zip file with current OMR files, the ldraw.org site still throws an error. Does anyone have an additional download link?

The download module is broken and it doesn't look like it will ever be updated. The file at the site was nothing more than a copy of the models you can find in the AIOI.

Merlijn Wissink Wrote:Let me know what you think about it (either good or bad). Also, if you think you can write something better for the homepage/about page, feel free. Writing text is certainly not one of my best skills...

Currently the page is missing the LDraw logo. The colors should be adjusted. LDraw.org uses the following color palette:

#0B2280
#1E4DB9
#2C6CCE
#4289E5
#C3D7FA
#E3F4FB
#838A92
#D9B59D
#F3F7F8
#41474D

As already pointed out I suggest that you use renders of the file content rather that photographs of the sets.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thanks for the colors. I agree that the current colors don't match to the rest of the LDraw website very much. I'll see what I can do.

As for renders: on a set page, there's an image of the set, because there could be multiple files from 1 set. On a file page, I was planning to use an LDraw WebGL viewer (Brigl) like on Rebrickable and Bricklink. However, I couldn't get the thing working (actually, it did 'work', there was just no image and I have no idea why).

I guess I have to use images than. Only 'problem' is that I'm not really sure if it's possible to generate those automaticly.
I've edited the colors a bit: how does this look (image)?
Merlijn Wissink Wrote:On a file page, I was planning to use an LDraw WebGL viewer (Brigl) like on Rebrickable and Bricklink. However, I couldn't get the thing working (actually, it did 'work', there was just no image and I have no idea why).

That would be awesome.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Cool stuff! Could you also add the "Rules and procedures" as a some sort of FAQ somewhere?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
He can but I haven't set up his access to the live server. That'll happen very soon.
Well, I realized yesterday that plain FTP access is not enough. Because, after I've put the new files on the server, there's a 99.9% chance the server/application has to restart for the new features to work. And as far as I know, I can't restart a server using FTP...

Aside from that, there's 1 little thing you need to install into the Python environment, but I'll email you about that. That's just once.
Yes, it would be awesome indeed (and actually easier, because the admin doesn't have to add any images).

I just couldn't get it to work. The log says it's loading all the files, then it says it completed loading the model. And then nothing appears. I've also had some contact with the author of Brigl, but he has no idea either... Quite annoying.

If someone would like to develop a completely new LDraw WebGL viewer, feel free Wink
Restarting is something easy to write script to do. Put it behind a passworded section of the site and away you go. That said, there are a number of option we can discuss to get you server access while also running Windows. Then it would be a moot point.
Willy Tschager Wrote:The download module is broken and it doesn't look like it will ever be updated. The file at the site was nothing more than a copy of the models you can find in the AIOI.

Well, I can't access the models in the AIOI without installing it. I have my own 'manual' LDraw setup and I'd like to keep it that way. Could you maybe send a zip file of the models in the AIOI or something?

I've sent and updated version of the website to Orion (it took a little longer than expected because I had some problems with some relatively big changes under the hood), so I hope I can add all current OMR sets pretty soon Smile
I'll get the update done soon. I've been turbo busy at work lately.
Sounds like you missed it:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...9#pid20269

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I've missed it indeed. Oops.
Thanks!
No problem! I'm not in a hurry or anything Smile
Orion got the (newest version of) the site working. Super!
See set 1713 as an example.

I'll probably start adding the current OMR files tomorrow. Finally some content Wink
Would it be possible to have a small picture of the set, first in every row, on the page All files?
LOVE IT!

However some remarks:

* The title of the single pages should be LDraw OMR - <set number> not viceversa
* The title of the all files page should be LDraw OMR - All available files, same goes for Statistics and About
* Latest files should also carry a rendering rather than a pic of the box.
* On the single page the "4349 Ken Drew [Ken]" should also carry the set name "4349-1 - Wild Pod - Ken Drew [Ken]"
* On the single page there should also be the theme
* Being known as extrem nitpicker I'd like to see a bit more room between the LDraw logo (which could be a tiny bit bigger) and OMR Home
* Finally the date of submission would be useful

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Willy Tschager Wrote:* The title of the single pages should be LDraw OMR - <set number> not viceversa
* The title of the all files page should be LDraw OMR - All available files, same goes for Statistics and About
I indeed noticed that it was the other way around on the main LDraw site. I don't really mind if it's one way or the other. I'll change it in the next version.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Latest files should also carry a rendering rather than a pic of the box.
Yup. I was using set-pictures because I wanted (and actually still want) to skip the file-images and use a browser based viewer. That didn't work, but I never changed the latest-files images. It's already on the list of things to do in the next revision.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* On the single page the "4349 Ken Drew [Ken]" should also carry the set name "4349-1 - Wild Pod - Ken Drew [Ken]"
Interesting one. Never noticed that. Indeed no reason to only show the set number.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* On the single page there should also be the theme
You mean on a file-page, where you can see the file-header? I skipped the theme (and all other set info), because it's a file-page. There's a difference between the two, a set page is focussed on a single set and shows all set data including all the related files. A file-page shows information about the file with a link to the set (which has the set information).

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Being known as extrem nitpicker I'd like to see a bit more room between the LDraw logo (which could be a tiny bit bigger) and OMR Home
I wanted the logo a little bigger too, but if it would be bigger, I would have to create a second header with the logo only (like on the main LDraw site). I didn't wanted to that, seemed like a waste of space. I tried to make the space between the logo and the OMR Home link bigger, but I couldn't get it done quickly, so I pushed it into the to-do list. It's not a major problem Wink

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Finally the date of submission would be useful

I realised this too. The date of submission is already being recorded anyway, so it's just a matter of showing the data. I was also considering to add a date of the latest edit (so a creation date and a edit date).
I guess that's not that difficult. I'll see what I can do in the next version.

The all-files table is a little messed up anyway. It used to look like the table on a set-page, but for some reason it has these super high columns now, which it didn't had when there were less files.
I've made a small update to the website with some tweaks here and there. Changelog is here.

I just noticed however that there is a 'major' error when looking at certain files (for example 3798 or 3796). It seems to be a problem with encoding. I'll take a look into this. Almost all files are working fine though Smile
Get a little issue: when I try to filter files, I get a cookie error. I tried to allow all cookies on the site to make sure (though my standard cookie policy should have worked), same problem. Browser: Seamonkey (Chrome works fine).

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

You are seeing this message because this site requires a CSRF cookie when submitting forms. This cookie is required for security reasons, to ensure that your browser is not being hijacked by third parties.

If you have configured your browser to disable cookies, please re-enable them, at least for this site, or for 'same-origin' requests.
Perhaps something should be done to better distinguish between main model and alternate one? Could be as simple to remove completely "main model" so that alternate ones stand out, or maybe use italic font for alternate. What about adding an "alternate" criteria in filter?
I forgot to say that you might have to refresh the page completely (ctrl f5). I was having some issues with the cached css (the thumbnails were way too big) before refreshing. Maybe you were having a problem with the cached cookies?
I knew there was something I forgot to add to my to-do list: the main-model filter. Oops, haha. It's on the list now Wink

What exactly do you mean with distinguishing main models from alternate ones? The table clearly states wheter it's a main-model or not. Or is the main-model filter what you mean?
No, still doesn't work. I have a cookie set by omr.ldraw.org, named "csrftoken" that appears as soon as I visit omr website.
Quote:What exactly do you mean with distinguishing main models from alternate ones?
I meant that with a cursory glance the text 'main model' doesn't stand out compared to the name of alternate submodel (eg. 'Tow Truck" for set 42031). And 'main model' text could be removed as it is the implied value. Probably a moot point once the filter is available!

Another quirck: if I look for a set number I arrive on a page different from the page I reach if I click on model line in the all files list.
Strange. It works fine for me on a bunch of different devices...
Have you tried another browser? Or restarting your browser? I can't really think of

I've also updated the site (again) with a little better styled table (press ctrl+f5 to clear css cache if needed) and the 'Is main model' filter.

Philo Wrote:Another quirck: if I look for a set number I arrive on a page different from the page I reach if I click on model line in the all files list.
I don't exactly understand what you mean? Could you give an example?
Quote:Strange. It works fine for me on a bunch of different devices...
Have you tried another browser? Or restarting your browser? I can't really think of
Forget it for now, tried on another machine/same browser and it works fine. Clearly the problem seems to be on my side!
Quote:I don't exactly understand what you mean? Could you give an example?
OK, sorry, not a quirk but a feature. Depends whether you click on set name (view set) or on the magnifier (view LDraw file).
Yup. There's a difference between a set-page and a file-page. A single set can have multiple files. I was in in doubt about having the set number/name in the table link to the set data or the actual file. As it is now (link to set data) is more logical (because you have to click on a set number/name), but having it go the the specific file is maybe more intuitive (because it's a list of files)...
I've discovered a little bug on the website (which wasn't visibile earlier due to not enough models). When you've filtered the results on the all-files page and the filtered results have more than 1 page and you click on next (or previous) page the results get reset. Just a note so that nobody has to report that one anymore Wink

I'll hopefully take a look at it later today.
No idea if anyone cares, but I've updated the omr site again Wink
Changelog is here (1.2.3 and 1.2.4).

Nothing big, just some bugfixes. The only relatively 'major' change is that the all-files page has changed (both behind the scenes and in terms of features). It's a bit of an experiment, I'll see if I keep it this way and try to built on top of this or go back the old way and try to expand that. Both have their advantages and drawbacks.

I won't go into a lot of detail (but I can if somebody would like), but I've basicly moved all server-side processing in terms of pagination and sorting into client-side by using a javascript library. That's also the reason why the images are removed (for the moment). The server now serves ALL results and lets the client do the pagination and stuff. That means that when you visit the page and you have 100 results, the server also sends 100 images to the client. When we keep adding new files, this will get worse and worse.
Except for this thumbnail issue, works great!
Sounds like you're after of some feedback. Here it comes:

* Would move the complete "Welcome to the LDraw OMR, the 'Official Model Repository'. Here you can find LDraw files of official models released by LEGO ..." text block to the bottom - presuming that the "Latest files" block doesn't get higher in order to gain some head room between the text and the title. Would also shorten the "Latest files" block to 4 entries to avoid that the page becomes "scrallable". This is the showcase page and should just be that.

* Would move the "Filter" button on the "All avialable files" all to the right. After I made my selections i would find the button naturally on my way. "Missing Stickers" and dropdown box misaligned. Once this gets fixed the button would also stick out better 'cause it would have more room. For my taste using the lead class "Here you can search ..." it just overkill, the regular <p> size would do a better job ...

But you know: "There is no accounting for taste".

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thanks for your input Smile

Regarding the misalligned subtheme filter; at first I didn't know what you were talking about. Until I resized my browser window. I did the form re-layout very late into the update, just before I uploaded the new version. I didn't tested it very well, with that as a result. Ah well, lessons learned Wink
How large was the model? How long did you wait? Particularly if the model is large there can be a significant pause between when loading stops and the model is shown. On my computer I see something like a 1 minute pause for a model with ~1000 bricks.

-Hazen
It were fairly small models. At some point I even tested single bricks. Nothing showed up, but there were no error messages in the console and log, only success messages so that didn't make things any easier. :/

I might look into it again though, now the site seems to be pretty much stable.
Some remarks :

Could we have the models 3d pictures displayed in the searching results list?

Why the sub cathegories don't match official ones?
Like Blacktron I and Blacktron II are under the same Blacktron cathegory.
Damien Roux Wrote:Could we have the models 3d pictures displayed in the searching results list?

There were thumbnails for a little while, but I removed them for the time being in favor of a better (sortable) table. See here for more details. Hopefully I can come up with a fix to bring the thumbnails back,but I'm afraid it'll take a little longer, because it's more complicated then I expected Sad

Damien Roux Wrote:Why the sub cathegories don't match official ones?
Like Blacktron I and Blacktron II are under the same Blacktron cathegory.

Haha. It was actually a little test of me to see what would be better. I don't 100% agree with the 'official' (aka Brickset, Bricklink etc.) themes and subthemes. This doesn't really have anything to do with the OMR site. Let me quickly explain:

In the past, there were certain Lego 'themes' for example Space and Castle. These included things like Blacktron, M:Tron, Forestmen etc. So, back then Bricklink and other databases saw these as subthemes of Space and Castle etc. However, I see them as seperate themes. Just as modern themes like 'Galaxy Squad' or 'Nexo Knights' are seperate themes. Just my opinion though and it was a little test to see what would work better. What do you think?
A new milestone: over 200 files already.
Altough, I have to admit: at lot of those are just really small Creator sets from my collection of files. But still, over 200 files Wink
I think the site should match the Themes and Subthemes of MPDcenter, which are obviously Bricklink's ones.
How do I get my model in again exactly?
I made some small technic sets.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Well, by reminding me, haha. Wink

There are a bunch more models that need to be added. There were a lot of models in the old OMR that I had (and still have to in some cases) to add, in addition to my own files (which I've done about 50% of now) and while a few users (*cough* Damien *cough* ) were submitting a lot of models. In other words, I had (and have) a lot to add.

Although, that's mainly just because I've been adding multiple years of OMR and other work in a few weeks. When I'm done with that, the workload will lower a lot I guess. I'm not complaining though, I like to keep track of things and organise stuff Wink
RE: LDraw OMR website
I get an error when I try to filter the list:

Forbidden (403)

You are seeing this message because this site requires a CSRF cookie when submitting forms. This cookie is required for security reasons, to ensure that your browser is not being hijacked by third parties.

If you have configured your browser to disable cookies, please re-enable them, at least for this site, or for 'same-origin' requests.
(2016-04-23, 21:07)Damien Roux Wrote: I get an error when I try to filter the list:

Forbidden (403)

Ugh. Not again (not your fault). I have completely, totally no idea why it happens to certain people in certain browsers. Dodgy 

Philo also had it on a particular machine. I too have it, only in Chrome on my main desktop. It works perfectly fine in Firefox and on Chrome on my laptop. You could try deleting all cookies for the omr site and than visiting it again, but I doubt that will work.
Great, simply great, I will try to use your model and see what can i make of it!
http://omr.ldraw.org/

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is it supposed to be this way?
(2016-09-07, 6:34)Michael Horvath Wrote: http://omr.ldraw.org/

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is it supposed to be this way?

No, certainly not. There was a Django update that maybe, just maybe, fixed the stupid 'CSRF verification failed' bug which I and other people had in some browsers.
However due to some weird Windows crash, I had to reinstall Windows a couple weeks ago and lost all my development stuff. I only have the source code left. So, I asked Orion if it would be possible to try to update Django being used on the website, with the added warning that I haven't been able to check if there would be any compatibility problems.

Well, he did update Django, but something went wrong... He said he'll look into it later because he's busy. Never heard from him since.
Orion, if you're reading this: I don't blame you or anything, I'm quite busy this week too Wink
Spent 2 hours today trying to tease out the error. It appear to be some sort of problem with Django and the software the server uses to serve a python app. I'll have some more time Later this week to fully explore the problem or downgrade back to the prior version of Django
(2016-09-07, 7:37)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Spent 2 hours today trying to tease out the error. It appear to be some sort of problem with Django and the software the server uses to serve a python app. I'll have some more time Later this week to fully explore the problem or downgrade back to the prior version of Django

But is it something related with Django/the website or the server?
It's been quite a long time since I last used Django, but I believe the site used a few plugins or something like that. Maybe those need to be updated as well? I'll try to get my own stuff up and running again later this week.
Ok, the OMR site is running for like a week now without problems. Thanks Orion!
It seems that the 'CSRF verification failed' bug is indeed gone now, so that is good.

I had a busy week last week and probably next week too, but I'll try to add the little backlog of models on the forum today Smile
Merlijn,

I'd like to update the models shipped with the AIOI. Please select two models from every theme - I suggest a small one and the largest (most complex) - and store them in a dedicated folder. Take the current AIOI structure for reference. Finally send them to me or post them here. I would also be good, if you could update them first, in case they contain unofficial parts which have become certified in the meantime.

Thanks, w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »