Technic hole in part 10247 does not accept parts with snap in LDCad

Technic hole in part 10247 does not accept parts with snap in LDCad
Hi Roland (and others :-)

Recently I used part 10247 in a model and tried to put a pin in the hole.
[Image: 6045988.jpg]
It did not snap. So it looks like there is no snapping information in the part?
How do I add it or do you have to do that?

There are more parts that have partial snapping, don't snap good or don't have snapping at all.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Technic hole in part 10247 does not accept parts with snap in LDCad
(2016-09-27, 11:39)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Roland (and others :-)

Recently I used part 10247 in a model and tried to put a pin in the hole.
[Image: 6045988.jpg]
It did not snap. So it looks like there is no snapping information in the part?
How do I add it or do you have to do that?

There are more parts that have partial snapping, don't snap good or don't have snapping at all.
Here is an other one speaking Wink
10247 does have snapping info, but it's buggy...
Should be
Code:
0 //Antistuds
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=M] [caps=two] [secs=S 6 4] [pos=-10 8 0] [grid=1 C 2 0 20]

0 //Hole (NOTE: Last R 8 section, isn't modeled in this part, but I'm pretty sure a pin should fit)
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 8 2   R 6 16   R 8 2] [slide=true] [pos=20 10 0] [ori=0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1]
instead of
Code:
0 //Antistuds
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=M] [caps=two] [secs=S 6 4] [pos=10 8 0] [grid=1 C 2 0 20]

0 //Hole (NOTE: Last R 8 section, isn't modeled in this part, but I'm pretty sure a pin should fit)
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=two] [secs=R 8 2   R 6 16   R 8 2] [slide=true] [pos=20 10 0] [ori=0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1]
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=S 6 4] [pos=-10 8 0] [grid=1 C 2 0 20]
(no chance a pin can enter the hole when it is capped both sides, also an antistud pair where there is no fit.

You can edit the shadow library yourself, but you must first uncompress it and instruct LDCad to use the uncompressed copy. Not really worth the trouble if you only need this part: change to the extremely similar 2444 that has correct snapping info, and when you are done, change again to 10247 for BOM correctness!

...but of course you're welcome to join the snapping definition effort!
(2016-09-27, 12:54)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: (no chance a pin can enter the hole when it is capped both sides, also an antistud pair where there is no fit.

You can edit the shadow library yourself, but you must first uncompress it and instruct LDCad to use the uncompressed copy. Not really worth the trouble if you only need this part: change to the extremely similar 2444 that has correct snapping info, and when you are done, change again to 10247 for BOM correctness!

...but of course you're welcome to join the snapping definition effort!

Snap info for that part seems to be a mess indeed.

I probably did that one using only notepad (pre part shadow editing inside the program itself) while being copy paste trigger happy Smile

Jaco: If you got any other parts with wrong info or would like some often used ones to have info please let me know.
Great! Thanks both Philo and Roland.
If I find more parts, I'll let you know.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »