favicon.ico

favicon.ico
the server forums.ldraw.org currently no longer seems to have a working icon associated.

I wonder if we could copy the favicon.ico from the parts tracker to there (or use a different one, maybe, with a different brick color, e.g. blue)
RE: favicon.ico
I will. I have a massive backlog of server related stuff to do but I have to carve out some time to get it done. I may have to look into an ssh client for my phone since that's the only computer I seem to be able to use lately.
Done but it's not loading for me. Anybody else?
(2016-09-21, 5:00)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Done but it's not loading for me.  Anybody else?

I do see a favicon now.
I get a favicon from the forum (blue with text), main site (red without text) but I see none in parts tracker.
(2016-09-21, 5:00)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Done but it's not loading for me.  Anybody else?

It shows up for me in Chrome, but not Firefox. Doing a "view source", I see the following entry in this page's header:
Code:
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Looking at ldview.sourceforge.net, where my favicon does show up in Firefox, I see I used this:
Code:
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" href="favicon.ico">

Maybe Firefox requires the REL value to be "SHORTCUT ICON" instead of just "icon"?
(2016-09-21, 19:16)Travis Cobbs Wrote:

It shows up for me in Chrome, but not Firefox. Doing a "view source", I see the following entry in this page's header:
Code:
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Looking at ldview.sourceforge.net, where my favicon does show up in Firefox, I see I used this:
Code:
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" href="favicon.ico">

Maybe Firefox requires the REL value to be "SHORTCUT ICON" instead of just "icon"?

When looking at the HTML documentation and using a bit of Google, it seems that rel="icon" is the official HTML way of doing it.
rel="shortcut" is unofficial and was only used in older versions of IE. So, I highly doubt that Firefox wouldn't support the official icon relationship tag...
http://forums.ldraw.org/favicon.ico

opens the icon standalone in seamonkey, but it shows:

in firefox for me. So It seems to not like the icon format.
(2016-09-21, 20:46)Roland Melkert Wrote: in firefox for me. So It seems to not like the icon format.

It works fine on my machine. Win10 and Firefox 48.0.2
i.e I can se the image when I click on that link, but there's no icon on the tab.
(2016-09-21, 22:05)Magnus Forsberg Wrote:
(2016-09-21, 20:46)Roland Melkert Wrote: in firefox for me. So It seems to not like the icon format.

It works fine on my machine. Win10 and Firefox 48.0.2
i.e I can se the image when I click on that link, but there's no icon on the tab.

It's working in Firefox for me on my Mac. It seems that Firefox sucks at updating things once it has decided in its cache that a page doesn't have a favicon (even though it loads the updated page code):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13197...in-firefox
It's working in Firefox for me on my Mac. It seems that Firefox sucks at updating things once it has decided in its cache that a page doesn't have a favicon (even though it loads the updated page code):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13197...in-firefox
[/quote]

It wasn't for me on my Mac on both Chrome and Firefox even though I explicitly cleared the cache on both browsers. It seems as if it's good though for most though so I'll consider this an issue on my end.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »