Search Delay

Search Delay
Does the forum need the 30-second delay between successive searches for registered users? Sometimes I'll search for something, and after getting too many results, I'll immediately try to be more specific in my search, but it forces me to wait 30 seconds in that case. It's not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient.
RE: Search Delay
(2016-09-17, 4:11)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Does the forum need the 30-second delay between successive searches for registered users? Sometimes I'll search for something, and after getting too many results, I'll immediately try to be more specific in my search, but it forces me to wait 30 seconds in that case. It's not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient.

There is no setting which distinguishes between registered and unregistered users. We could lower the delay however.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2016-09-17, 4:11)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Does the forum need the 30-second delay between successive searches for registered users? Sometimes I'll search for something, and after getting too many results, I'll immediately try to be more specific in my search, but it forces me to wait 30 seconds in that case. It's not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient.

Yes this is annoying. First thing I click when visiting the forum is "View New Posts" or "This Week's Posts". And then I have to wait.
(2016-09-17, 19:26)Michael Horvath Wrote: Yes this is annoying. First thing I click when visiting the forum is "View New Posts" or "This Week's Posts". And then I have to wait.

The "Search" is detached from "View New Posts" or "This Week's Posts". Both are not delayed. Check your internet connection instead.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2016-09-17, 21:50)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 19:26)Michael Horvath Wrote: Yes this is annoying. First thing I click when visiting the forum is "View New Posts" or "This Week's Posts". And then I have to wait.

The "Search" is detached from "View New Posts" or "This Week's Posts". Both are not delayed. Check your internet connection instead.

w.

Actually, it's not. View Unread and This Week's are just fancy urls for search. That said, I've lowered the delay time to something more reasonable.
Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »