Submodels and callouts?

Submodels and callouts?
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/Capture.PNG[/img]Hi, 
I am new to Ldraw and I am having trouble creating 'callouts'. I need to be able to create substeps or submodels in the instructions. I have attched a picture of what I am trying to get. I don't know how to set it up in Leocad (or MLcad), and I don't know how to set it up in Lpub3.
Please help!
RE: Submodels and callouts?
Looks like your picture stayed on your desktop Wink
Have a look at this tutorial, https://sites.google.com/site/workingwithlpub/
...regarding callouts https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...he-callout
Thank you for those!
However, I still cannot figure out how to add the submodel to the model and incorporate it in with a step.
(2016-05-24, 23:19)Jake Hansen Wrote: However, I still cannot figure out how to add the submodel to the model and incorporate it in with a step.
I think your model file is not right. You will need to create a submodel in the file (with the editor, not LPub). You can add steps to the submodel too, just like it would be a normal model.
Then, use that submodel like it was a part and place it in your model. When LPub reaches this line to process, it will create a new page with the first step of the submodel (probably with a light yellowish background). Right-click on a blank part of the page and choose "Convert to callout".
That should do it.

If you want help setting up the file, post your LDraw file (mpd) here.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2016-05-25, 5:45)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 23:19)Jake Hansen Wrote: However, I still cannot figure out how to add the submodel to the model and incorporate it in with a step.
I think your model file is not right. You will need to create a submodel in the file (with the editor, not LPub). You can add steps to the submodel too, just like it would be a normal model.
Then, use that submodel like it was a part and place it in your model. When LPub reaches this line to process, it will create a new page with the first step of the submodel (probably with a light yellowish background). Right-click on a blank part of the page and choose "Convert to callout".
That should do it.

If you want help setting up the file, post your LDraw file (mpd) here.

Thank you for your reply! I have saved it in .mpd with a model and a submodel, but I don't know how to add the submodel to the model. How does that work? Thanks!
(2016-05-26, 22:30)Jake Hansen Wrote: Thank you for your reply! I have saved it in .mpd with a model and a submodel, but I don't know how to add the submodel to the model. How does that work? Thanks!

What editor do you use? In MLCad the submodel should be listed in the Document section.
In LDCad you should look for it in the MPD content (the icon with the houses I think)
Then just click and drag the submodel to your model like it was a part.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Big Grin 
Big Grin I figured it out! Thank you! I prefer Leocad, but I can just do that part in MLcad.

Thanks!
Big Grin 
Thanks!
I have added the callout, but it is only showing the parts list. and not the actual steps.
.png   soda machine screenshot.PNG (Size: 20.52 KB / Downloads: 67)

Why is it doing this?
Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »