LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Official Library File Format Restictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm making significant document structural changes so I'm going to discontinue highlighting the changes in red
(2020-05-30, 17:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]That's fair a request. I'm in the middle of reformatting the document. It'll be fairly easy to peel off that part into a new document once the text is finalized and ratified.

Hmm, The Part number FAQ is very comprehensive. Maybe I'll just make a cleaned up and indexed version of that into a new document.
(2020-05-30, 17:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]We need to work on this:
https://www.ldraw.org/hidden-content/dra...unknownnum

Now that Peeron is in legacy mode, we should remove references to it.

Agreed.
Just some comments from my side

Colour restrictions I thought we stopped the use of the mentioned exception for colour 16 (and other colours) for type 2 lines?

Sticker description May I point to this discussion: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23971.html. I would like another line like "the background colour of the sticker must be noted at the end of the description followed by the word background"

/Max
I'm not quite done (and there's some weird going on with the TOC) but I am mostly finished with reformatting. I thought I'd share my progress before I turn in for the night.
So I'm kinda at a loss as to where to put the last 2 subjects (stud groups and ldconfig). Maybe stugs to the Part Number spec and LDConfig on its own?
Stugs have been moved to the Part Number spec. I moved the LDConfig paragraph under the Colour Restictions heading.

Id like more comment. Particularly I'd like comments on the general rules for shortcuts.
(2020-06-04, 15:25)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Stugs have been moved to the Part Number spec. I moved the LDConfig paragraph under the Colour Restictions heading.

Id like more comment. Particularly I'd like comments on the general rules for shortcuts.

I'm not keen on shortcuts - though some are surely usefull. In particular I don't like shortcuts with flat stickers on bricks as well as all minifig assemblies that go beond the very basic torso-arms, hip-leg.

You should consider incorporate Colour Definitions https://www.ldraw.org/article/547.html into LDraw.org Standards: Colour Definition Language Extension as a practical example.

There is nothing on patterned parts and the requirment of their plane counterpart in the library.

Nothing on canvas/fabric/cloth - guess it should go into the part numbering and we should address a convention when Canvas or Cloth is used.

w.
(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing on canvas/fabric/cloth - guess it should go into the part numbering and we should address a convention when Canvas or Cloth is used.
Speaking of canvas... I think it would be a good thing to rename formed cloth from ...c0x to ...-fx ?
(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like shortcuts with flat stickers on bricks

I know we hashed this out already in the closed discussion. I'd like to hear from the larger community

(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]as well as all minifig assemblies that go beond the very basic torso-arms, hip-leg.

I agree and that's in there.

(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]You should consider incorporate Colour Definitions https://www.ldraw.org/article/547.html into LDraw.org Standards: Colour Definition Language Extension as a practical example.

Hmm. That document is really meant to be a quick reference for the current LDConfig.ldr

(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing on patterned parts and the requirment of their plane counterpart in the library.

This can be added

(2020-06-05, 10:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing on canvas/fabric/cloth - guess it should go into the part numbering and we should address a convention when Canvas or Cloth is used.

Do you mean have a flat and formed part?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7