LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2020-01-13, 20:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone has some additional ideas this is the time to let me know.

Two little things that had come up in other threads (these are just reminders, since you'd mentioned wanting to add them to the next release):
-Adding the !THEME meta to the header dialog
-Lowering the minimum value for bezier control points in flexible paths (to allow tighter knots, for example)
(2020-01-17, 6:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of color wheel, something I miss is a search function, similar to to level part bin search ..
Me too! If I need something that isn't one of the dozen colours I have in my Favourites, I usually have to go through each wheel hovering over the ones that look vaguely right - and that can take quite a while sometimes!
(2020-01-17, 6:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of color wheel, something I miss is a search function, similar to to level part bin search ..

Something like this?

[attachment=4675]

It's only a 'paint' doodle for now though.
(2020-01-19, 21:21)Ulrich Röder Wrote: [ -> ]forgot to mention:

keepin pressed Ctrl button while moving selected part/parts results in a copy - a feature like it is known in MLCad

I'll check MLCad's behavior, but I think ctrl+d (duplicate) does this already.
(2020-01-19, 21:52)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick mockup of some icons in the source window:

Also added the "*" at the end of the filename for file not saved but added it to the session manager window since I'm using the noTitleBar addon

Looks nice, I think I'm going to at least add the color icons (will be optional).

Speaking of the session manager window, I'm thinking of dropping the menu list of open models, replacing it by a dialog which can also do some mpd management etc. This will also work better with the new !DATA content.
(2020-01-20, 20:39)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]I'll check MLCad's behavior, but I think ctrl+d (duplicate) does this already.

....for sure ctrl+d works...I know..what I want to say is..that the other method is more handy....the hand stays on the mouse....press ctrl with the other..and track it...it' s more efficient and easier.
(2020-01-19, 21:30)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most can be accomplished with hotkey configs.

Group: edit window
Subgroup: view
Command: Center the selection in the current view
Key: C

when I press "C", the part selected is centered on view.

Use it together with command right bellow that one: "Center and zoom content in order to fit it inside current view"

With these two hotkeys I think you will be able to achieve what you want.

Subgroup: split
Command: Switch between (temporary) single/multi views
Key: SPACE

I don't know if I understood correctly your request, but if your talking about changing view to cam, you can also use hotkeys

Subgroup: option
Command: Switch between perspective and orthographic projection
Key: V

... yes, of course ... but ... exactly how you describe the whole processes, you have to muddle through yourself with several (to much) "clicks" to the goal ..

that's exactly what I want to shorten to a minimum with my proposal..

two "clicks"...and you are ready....with a mouse movement of perhaps two seconds!!

Efficient and effective!
(2020-01-20, 20:36)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this?
Yes. Also needs an "all colors" bin to allow search on all colors.
(2020-01-21, 6:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Also needs an "all colors" bin to allow search on all colors.

Why not just use an enhanced version of the input dialog, with option to search by color number or name, that appears when you click on the color name? It's probably easier to program.

[Image: Untitled.png]
But this would not be consistent with part bin implementation, and filter allows for example to show all "blue" colors and let you choose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15