LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- The sync name and filename option in the header dialog should be the default
You can set the name sync to default by checking the "Add name to new models" option in any header dialog.

(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- Please move the Export submenu from Views->Editing Views to the File menu
I'll move it as more people seem to have a problem finding it.

(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- Have all the nodes in the source window automatically collapse when exiting nested mode
I'll make it an option.

(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- I'd like a "reload data" menu option that forces LDCad to reload templates, donors, the parts bin, and pbg files without having to close and reopen LDCad itself.
This is a tough one but I'll look into it.

(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- An all-in-one, duplicate and mirror subfile option would be a nice to have
Shouldn't be a problem.
(2020-01-14, 16:13)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]A option in the Clean up... menu, for the file type. (! LDRAW_ORG Model, ! LDRAW_ORG Unofficial Model)
to easier OMRize a file.

I'll add a "Force LDraw model type" combo with "No change", "Offical", "Onoffical" options.

But I believe the OMR site also changes them automatically.
(2020-01-14, 19:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]An indicator (* after file name in LDCad window bar as usual?) that current file has been modified and needs to be saved?

Seems trival but it will not change back to "unchanged" after undo.
(2020-01-13, 23:01)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]And I love the interactive animation idea—though in a perfect world, of course, I want to spin the gear and see what happens without knowing how to script it first. 

Yes, why should I have to know how to script?
(2020-01-14, 22:18)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, why should I have to know how to script?

Because it's extremely difficult to create a true mechanical simulator, things will always only work partial.

Also I want it to be able to do things like move a minifig lever to open a door or something, things that aren't really connected.

This way you could make a full blown "Point and click" adventure game or something Smile
Agreed. Always good to experiment before setting things in tablets of stone!!!
(2020-01-14, 20:53)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]But I believe the OMR site also changes them automatically.

I just tested now, the OMR site change nothing.
(2020-01-14, 20:40)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]If Miguel is ok with it I'll include it.

Absolutely! Let me know if you need extra images to complete it. And if you could also implement the feature of full screen editing with no titlebar I would appreciate. It's always extra space for editing.

From the top of my mind I can remember a few things that I would love to see in 1.7. And please excuse me if some are already available. It always amazes me when someone asks for a feature and Roland just replies: "It already can be achieved by doing this and that... "
  1. Keyword search in Hotkey config! PLEASE! 
  2. Export BOM to csv/HTML (I can help with the HTML formatting and retrieving of the parts images from the web)
  3. Export MPD to a single/multiple LDR file
  4. More OpenGL/LDraw rendering tweaks. I hate the problem with tile 1x1 with rounded end. [Image: sad.png]
  5. Extra info in source window, with toggle icons for color and show/hide, that when click on them would allow you to change those properties. But specially, one of the things I really like in stud.io, that would give you a warning if that part does not exist in that particular color. 
Thank you for this opportunity.
(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely! Let me know if you need extra images to complete it. And if you could also implement the feature of full screen editing with no titlebar I would appreciate. It's always extra space for editing.
Thanks, you don't have to replace all images, recent versions will use images from the default template when they are missing in the second folder.

(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Keyword search in Hotkey config! PLEASE! 
I'll will add this. Don't know why I haven't already as the menu editing dialog has one too.

(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Export BOM to csv/HTML (I can help with the HTML formatting and retrieving of the parts images from the web)
There is a basic csv export of the bin content (new in 1.6c) you could process that into anything you want.
That said a simple html export might be fun too, but many people will probably want to tweak it afterwards so I'm not sure.

(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Export MPD to a single/multiple LDR file
This can be done by copy in nested mode and then paste into a new model.

There are tools for splitting mpd's but most of them work trough the selection.
Maybe I'll add a generic dialog for mass import/export of mpd/mul ldr.

(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]More OpenGL/LDraw rendering tweaks. I hate the problem with tile 1x1 with rounded end. [Image: sad.png]
That's a tough one, but thanks for reminding of this issue as I totally forgot about it Smile

(2020-01-15, 16:49)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Extra info in source window, with toggle icons for color and show/hide, that when click on them would allow you to change those properties. But specially, one of the things I really like in stud.io, that would give you a warning if that part does not exist in that particular color. 
Visible/color icons are a nice idea, I'll look into that.

Available colors is something I wanted to integrate in the color wheel for awhile (using a special group).

But it needs some kind of db, and I don't really want to make lots of net requests getting them. My latest idea was to add it to the shadow library.
Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- An all-in-one, duplicate and mirror subfile option would be a nice to have
Shouldn't be a problem.

It would be really cool if you could select a subfile and have have LDCad create a new, mirrored subfile. Even cooler would be if you could have it recurse through the child subfiles and mirror them too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15