LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- I'd like a "reload data" menu option that forces LDCad to reload templates, donors, the parts bin, and pbg files without having to close and reopen LDCad itself.

+1 for that! I'm often tweaking my parts bins in TextEdit and there's no way to see the changes in LDCad without exiting the program.
(2020-01-13, 20:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone has some additional ideas this is the time to let me know.

A option in the Clean up... menu, for the file type. (! LDRAW_ORG Model, ! LDRAW_ORG Unofficial Model)
to easier OMRize a file.
(2020-01-14, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- Have all the nodes in the source window automatically collapse when exiting nested mode
- I'd like a "reload data" menu option that forces LDCad to reload templates, donors, the parts bin, and pbg files without having to close and reopen LDCad itself.
+1!
(2020-01-14, 16:13)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]A option in the Clean up... menu, for the file type. (! LDRAW_ORG Model, ! LDRAW_ORG Unofficial Model)
to easier OMRize a file.

+1, and/or an option to include this with the header defaults.
An indicator (* after file name in LDCad window bar as usual?) that current file has been modified and needs to be saved?
(2020-01-14, 15:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Since both:

https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23756.html
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23683.html

haven't been ratified by the LSB I wonder what your plans are? I would appreciate if you could bring them to a happy ending.

I wanted to do some experimenting to see if the proposals are rectify worthy.

Especially with the !DATA one I would like to get the feel of things, programming wise, before voting on it.
(2020-01-14, 15:50)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I don't use LPub since I don't need to generate my own instructions, but I know I can import its metas. Will LDCad know what to do with it? And this says "global"—can I apply this meta to individual submodels?

I've been thinking about fully supporting LPub meta's ?(including the inventory balloons etc) for 2.0, but It might be too big a thing for 1.7

Maybe a light version where only the step numbering gets applied, still need to research al the LPub meta's though.

On that note does anyone have a good reference on the LPub(3d) meta's?
(2020-01-14, 9:10)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Include the themes: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23675.html

If Miguel is ok with it I'll include it.

(2020-01-14, 9:10)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]and make the gray one the default theme.

The default theme used to be grey.

[attachment=4661]

People complaint so I changed it to mimic LEGO booklets.

People still complained  Big Grin

But I'm happy to add the option.
(2020-01-14, 9:17)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Installable stuff with integrated interface?
- Set inventories
- Custom templates
- Custom connectivity

This is at the core of 2.0 where I've setup a 'package' system. It's also the reason for it's slow development as I'm not happy with it's current incarnation.

Might be able to set something simple up using additional .sf (==zip) files though.
(2020-01-14, 13:17)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]I would very much like to see the support or display of information that comes with the !HELP and !CMDLINE metas.

The data is in the files, but to get to this data (during building) seems difficult i.e. impossible.

Good one.

Maybe trough a small "?" icon in the bin cells which open a hint panel on mouse over?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15