LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw OMR website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Except for this thumbnail issue, works great!
Sounds like you're after of some feedback. Here it comes:

* Would move the complete "Welcome to the LDraw OMR, the 'Official Model Repository'. Here you can find LDraw files of official models released by LEGO ..." text block to the bottom - presuming that the "Latest files" block doesn't get higher in order to gain some head room between the text and the title. Would also shorten the "Latest files" block to 4 entries to avoid that the page becomes "scrallable". This is the showcase page and should just be that.

* Would move the "Filter" button on the "All avialable files" all to the right. After I made my selections i would find the button naturally on my way. "Missing Stickers" and dropdown box misaligned. Once this gets fixed the button would also stick out better 'cause it would have more room. For my taste using the lead class "Here you can search ..." it just overkill, the regular <p> size would do a better job ...

But you know: "There is no accounting for taste".

w.
Thanks for your input Smile

Regarding the misalligned subtheme filter; at first I didn't know what you were talking about. Until I resized my browser window. I did the form re-layout very late into the update, just before I uploaded the new version. I didn't tested it very well, with that as a result. Ah well, lessons learned Wink
How large was the model? How long did you wait? Particularly if the model is large there can be a significant pause between when loading stops and the model is shown. On my computer I see something like a 1 minute pause for a model with ~1000 bricks.

-Hazen
It were fairly small models. At some point I even tested single bricks. Nothing showed up, but there were no error messages in the console and log, only success messages so that didn't make things any easier. :/

I might look into it again though, now the site seems to be pretty much stable.
Some remarks :

Could we have the models 3d pictures displayed in the searching results list?

Why the sub cathegories don't match official ones?
Like Blacktron I and Blacktron II are under the same Blacktron cathegory.
Damien Roux Wrote:Could we have the models 3d pictures displayed in the searching results list?

There were thumbnails for a little while, but I removed them for the time being in favor of a better (sortable) table. See here for more details. Hopefully I can come up with a fix to bring the thumbnails back,but I'm afraid it'll take a little longer, because it's more complicated then I expected Sad

Damien Roux Wrote:Why the sub cathegories don't match official ones?
Like Blacktron I and Blacktron II are under the same Blacktron cathegory.

Haha. It was actually a little test of me to see what would be better. I don't 100% agree with the 'official' (aka Brickset, Bricklink etc.) themes and subthemes. This doesn't really have anything to do with the OMR site. Let me quickly explain:

In the past, there were certain Lego 'themes' for example Space and Castle. These included things like Blacktron, M:Tron, Forestmen etc. So, back then Bricklink and other databases saw these as subthemes of Space and Castle etc. However, I see them as seperate themes. Just as modern themes like 'Galaxy Squad' or 'Nexo Knights' are seperate themes. Just my opinion though and it was a little test to see what would work better. What do you think?
A new milestone: over 200 files already.
Altough, I have to admit: at lot of those are just really small Creator sets from my collection of files. But still, over 200 files Wink
I think the site should match the Themes and Subthemes of MPDcenter, which are obviously Bricklink's ones.
How do I get my model in again exactly?
I made some small technic sets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12