LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw OMR website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Merlijn Wissink Wrote:There are only 6 files at the moment. I still can't download the zip file with current OMR files, the ldraw.org site still throws an error. Does anyone have an additional download link?

The download module is broken and it doesn't look like it will ever be updated. The file at the site was nothing more than a copy of the models you can find in the AIOI.

Merlijn Wissink Wrote:Let me know what you think about it (either good or bad). Also, if you think you can write something better for the homepage/about page, feel free. Writing text is certainly not one of my best skills...

Currently the page is missing the LDraw logo. The colors should be adjusted. LDraw.org uses the following color palette:

#0B2280
#1E4DB9
#2C6CCE
#4289E5
#C3D7FA
#E3F4FB
#838A92
#D9B59D
#F3F7F8
#41474D

As already pointed out I suggest that you use renders of the file content rather that photographs of the sets.

w.
Thanks for the colors. I agree that the current colors don't match to the rest of the LDraw website very much. I'll see what I can do.

As for renders: on a set page, there's an image of the set, because there could be multiple files from 1 set. On a file page, I was planning to use an LDraw WebGL viewer (Brigl) like on Rebrickable and Bricklink. However, I couldn't get the thing working (actually, it did 'work', there was just no image and I have no idea why).

I guess I have to use images than. Only 'problem' is that I'm not really sure if it's possible to generate those automaticly.
I've edited the colors a bit: how does this look (image)?
Merlijn Wissink Wrote:On a file page, I was planning to use an LDraw WebGL viewer (Brigl) like on Rebrickable and Bricklink. However, I couldn't get the thing working (actually, it did 'work', there was just no image and I have no idea why).

That would be awesome.

w.
Cool stuff! Could you also add the "Rules and procedures" as a some sort of FAQ somewhere?

w.
He can but I haven't set up his access to the live server. That'll happen very soon.
Well, I realized yesterday that plain FTP access is not enough. Because, after I've put the new files on the server, there's a 99.9% chance the server/application has to restart for the new features to work. And as far as I know, I can't restart a server using FTP...

Aside from that, there's 1 little thing you need to install into the Python environment, but I'll email you about that. That's just once.
Yes, it would be awesome indeed (and actually easier, because the admin doesn't have to add any images).

I just couldn't get it to work. The log says it's loading all the files, then it says it completed loading the model. And then nothing appears. I've also had some contact with the author of Brigl, but he has no idea either... Quite annoying.

If someone would like to develop a completely new LDraw WebGL viewer, feel free Wink
Restarting is something easy to write script to do. Put it behind a passworded section of the site and away you go. That said, there are a number of option we can discuss to get you server access while also running Windows. Then it would be a moot point.
Willy Tschager Wrote:The download module is broken and it doesn't look like it will ever be updated. The file at the site was nothing more than a copy of the models you can find in the AIOI.

Well, I can't access the models in the AIOI without installing it. I have my own 'manual' LDraw setup and I'd like to keep it that way. Could you maybe send a zip file of the models in the AIOI or something?

I've sent and updated version of the website to Orion (it took a little longer than expected because I had some problems with some relatively big changes under the hood), so I hope I can add all current OMR sets pretty soon Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12