LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just started this part and while doing it I noticed that Part 30565, "Plate, Round Corner 4 x 4" has an issue that a stud is actually intersecting the inner portion of the wall. Should be changed sometime.
If I understand you correctly, it seems that 3 studs intersect the inside curved wall, and part 6003 is also affected the same way.
Exactly, that is the issue with them
It is missing more than stud cavities. (Note that the LDD mesh is also missing them.)

[attachment=2147]
Set 41137 from the Elves Sets features a nice new part, a sand-clock.
Unfortunately the number on the part is molded so small, I cannot read it...

The part is pretty nice to do with LDPE with a combination of CSG and Pathtruder tools.

I did the sketch with a hi-res sphere, however on the one hand I think it is too much as the file is now (without subfiling to e.g. a quarter) about 2500 lines long... but on the other hand a smooth look is also not bad...
[attachment=2148]

Edit:
PS: I am still wondering how all of the pink sand fits into the bottom sphere ;-)
I started the rollercoaster pieces with the short rail.

[attachment=3091]

PS: Strange snapshot error...
Good luck Gerald Wink
(2018-03-02, 14:36)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]I started the rollercoaster pieces with the short rail.
Gerald, what's the status for rollercoaster part modeling? I should get them soon...
(2018-04-24, 14:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-02, 14:36)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]I started the rollercoaster pieces with the short rail.
Gerald, what's the status for rollercoaster part modeling? I should get them soon...

I should finish this one in one or two days, did some heads inbetween.
Shall be up tonight, Cond-Lines missing.

[attachment=3167]

I just noticed (from pictures) that the 8L and 16L versions do not share the middle sections.

So I might have done some surplus sub-filing. Currently three of them, End, Middle and End-Middle section.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6