new dual molded hairpiece with cochlear implantat

new dual molded hairpiece with cochlear implantat
just stumbled over this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/1...aring_aid/
(from the new 60404: Burger Truck Set)

as someone with "normal" hearing aids this one is also very nice...
(and there are also minifig heads with the normal ones:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page...%20aid#T=A
the hearing aid could be subfiled to be used in all heads)
RE: new dual molded hairpiece with cochlear implantat
found the heads with the printed hearing aids in Studio (but not on the PT), any way to extract them?

where do they get their stuff from?
(2024-05-09, 21:46)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: found the heads with the printed hearing aids in Studio (but not on the PT), any way to extract them?

where do they get their stuff from?

They get it from TLG.

The images are in the .dat files, in base64.
I tried and failed to get Studio officially share their data with LDraw.  I couldn’t either get an official statement whether it’s okay or not to use the images  Sad
(2024-05-10, 5:22)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: They get it from TLG.

The images are in the .dat files, in base64.
I tried and failed to get Studio officially share their data with LDraw.  I couldn’t either get an official statement whether it’s okay or not to use the images  Sad

So they can take from the open standard but cant contribute? Cant say I am surprised.
(2024-05-13, 13:22)Cam's Bricks Wrote: So they can take from the open standard but cant contribute? Cant say I am surprised.

It's frustrating but LEGO is in the position of power here. They can, at any time, shut us down completely and there's not a lot we can do about it. That's why I avoid shaking the tree too much.
(2024-05-13, 15:13)Orion Pobursky Wrote: It's frustrating but LEGO is in the position of power here. They can, at any time, shut us down completely and there's not a lot we can do about it. That's why I avoid shaking the tree too much.

I am passively familiar with US trademark and copyright law so I am sure its different where ever LDraw is incorporated but from a US position, as long as everything in the system is a new creation, there is no leg to stand on for TLG to shut down LDraw. It would preclude ripping the digital models out of the app and other sources but the basic system cant be shut down because it is not infringing on the IP of TLG. 

Now could they bury LDraw in legal battles so large and costly it would effectively shut it down? Thats definitely a risk.
(2024-05-13, 15:38)Cam's Bricks Wrote: Now could they bury LDraw in legal battles so large and costly it would effectively shut it down? Thats definitely a risk.

This. There is no formal LDraw organization. All of James' work is owned by his estate, the parts/posts are owned by the authors, and everything else is, for all intents and purposes, legally me. My legal budget is zero. If I ever get served with the C&D the site shuts down or the affected parts get removed from the library.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »