Colors are gone (in MLCad)

Colors are gone (in MLCad)
Hi everyone,

Since I updated to the latest version all the colorschemes are gone. I can't for example not lionger choose Dark Blue as a color. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Kind regards,

Tymen
RE: Colors are gone (in MLCad)
(2023-11-07, 10:45)Kuperus Wrote: Hi everyone,

Since I updated to the latest version all the colorschemes are gone. I can't for example not lionger choose Dark Blue as a color. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Kind regards,

Tymen

Is the LDConfig.ldr file present in the LDraw root folder?

* Right-Click on a color in the Colorbar
* Click LDConfig as Default in the Color Select 0-31 dialog
* Ok

If it doesn't fix the problem

* Place a part in the window panes
* Click on More in the Colorbar
* Click on Load LDConfig colors
* Confirm Restore LD-Config colors for this file
* OK

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thanks! Smile
Am having this exact same problem today - I had to use the all in one installer on a new PC but cannot load all of my old models as the palette is completely wrong. Unfortunately the solutions provided early have not solved the problem. I have the LDConfig.ldr file in my root C:\Program Files\LDraw (64 Bit) but MLCad doesn't either see it or access it. When I click on it though I do get an error at line 323 message. I opened it in Notepad++ and it seems to be with Metallic colors. I have no idea why but the all in one installer seems to have a corrupt file within. I leave it with persons more capable than I.. Also LPub3D won't have a bar of loading, displays the load image for a second then crashes out. So frustrating..

Update - have just revo uninstalled the AIOI I downloaded today and am attempting a fresh install again using the same file. A question I have is that the LDConfig.ldr file did not install to the root (C:\Program Files\LDraw (64 Bit)) originally and instead I found it installed to the LDView folder. Is this correct? If so how does MLCad find it when I ask it to restore the LDConfig palette? Just really confused as have successfully used MLCad/LDraw for over 10 years happily..

Further update - I have found 3 LDConfig files in the Public Documents LDraw folder (LDCfgalt.ldr, LDConfig.ldr & LDConfig_TLG.ldr). Are these in the correct place? When I browse back to where AIOI installed there are none. And when I open MLCad (extracted to a folder in the same place as the AIOI created) the palette remains wrong and no amount of following this helps:

* Right-Click on a color in the Colorbar
* Click LDConfig as Default in the Color Select 0-31 dialog
* Ok

If it doesn't fix the problem

* Place a part in the window panes
* Click on More in the Colorbar
* Click on Load LDConfig colors
* Confirm Restore LD-Config colors for this file
* OK

Also when I open the MLCAD.exe file it says "MLCad is not (properly) registered for it's file types. Register it now?" to which I click "Yes" and the MLCAD opens, but with the wrong palette. When I close the program and re-open it asks the same question again?

I'm really hoping someone here can help - I've spent so long trying to find the answer.. Sad
(2024-05-22, 6:48)Steve Wrote: I'm really hoping someone here can help - I've spent so long trying to find the answer.. Sad
Don't know about the colors but the file register thing is probably because Windows 11 does things differently while the mlcad exe is still trying the Windows xp methode or something..

Only general tip I can give you: is to install mlcad, lpub, etc and the ldraw library outside c:\program files (e.g c:\LDraw)
(2024-05-22, 20:37)Roland Melkert Wrote: Don't know about the colors but the file register thing is probably because Windows 11 does things differently while the mlcad exe is still trying the Windows xp methode or something..

Only general tip I can give you: is to install mlcad, lpub, etc and the ldraw library outside c:\program files (e.g c:\LDraw)

Thanks Roland - Just one thing can you tell me exactly where the LDConfig.ldr file should be? Since the AIOI installs to two folders (one in "Public documents", the the other under "Program Files") where it should reside?
(2024-05-22, 22:12)Steve Wrote: Thanks Roland - Just one thing can you tell me exactly where the LDConfig.ldr file should be? Since the AIOI installs to two folders (one in "Public documents", the the other under "Program Files") where it should reside?

It should be in the ldraw folder with the parts, p, and models folders
(2024-05-22, 22:30)Orion Pobursky Wrote: It should be in the ldraw folder with the parts, p, and models folders

It is - Should MLCAD also be unzipped here? If I double click on the LDConfig.ldr file though it does open up MLCad, even though I have no MLCad.exe currently installed. Do I even need to install it on Windows 7 64 bit PC (sorry I should have said sooner, new PC is still not a brand new PC), is this correct? The palette does seem correct tho - so I guess this is progress. Thank you again for taking time out to help me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »