Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,088
» Latest member: RoseHappy
» Forum threads: 5,531
» Forum posts: 47,504

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 699 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 693 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 25,683
Middle mouse button
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Fredrik Hareide
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 43
Part Request 1993 Dreamzz...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 813
Suffix codes
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
5 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 79
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
6 hours ago
» Views: 221
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Bertrand Lequy
7 hours ago
» Views: 261
OMR down?
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
7 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,138
Patterned parts pictures ...
Last Post: Bertrand Lequy
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 28
Castle parts
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
Today, 10:06
» Views: 62
Boat Connectors for Hull ...
Last Post: samson williams
Today, 4:00
» Views: 155

Texture does not render in LDCad 1.6b
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2018-05-17, 13:15 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

Hi Roland, and others,

I have LDCad 1.6b running and configured like it should, but no texture is rendered on textured parts.
I still have LDCad 1.6a running on the same machine that uses the same libraries and there all my custom texturemapped parts render just fine.

What could be wrong?
I obviously checked and made sure Texture mapping was enabled in 1.6b.

Print this item

Random minifig weapon 11103
Posted by: Nathan S - 2018-05-17, 5:06 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

If anyone wanted to take a look at 11103 I wouldn't complain.  I am just looking to use it in a build.  Not a new piece, looks like it was just never made, no rush at all.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...=11103#T=C

Thank you.

Print this item

Parts Tracker Lookup - search for "does not contain"?
Posted by: David Manley - 2018-05-15, 22:33 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

Does any one know if it is possible when using the parts tracker lookup to include constraints so that the returned results exclude parts which contain the given word?

For example, I want to search for "slope brick" but I don't want the results to include "slope brick curved". Searching for "slope brick" also includes the curved slope bricks. I tried to exclude the "curved slopes" with a simple "-curved" value in the search. Sadly, this did not yield the desired result.

Regards,

David

Print this item

Part Request 36470
Posted by: Mike Napolitan - 2018-05-15, 2:06 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone has this part, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Print this item

47456 Description error?
Posted by: Jeff Boen - 2018-05-10, 20:28 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

Hey guys,
I was just browsing through parts during a build and noticed this:
0 Slope Brick Curved  2 x  2 x   2/3 with Fin and 2 Studs
0 Name: 47456.dat
0 Author: Paul Izquierdo Rojas [pir]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2009-02
0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt

I'm pretty sure the Description of the part is in error.

I believe it should be 
0 Slope Brick Curved  2 x  3 x   2/3 with Fin and 2 Studs

(2 x 3... instead of 2 x 2...)

I noticed because it was clearly larger than a 2x2 at the base when perusing in MLCad/LDCad. 
Here it is on BL: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...=47456#T=C

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but I searched and didn't find any threads with the part # in them. I also verified that my version matches the one in the latest complete.zip.

Jeff

Print this item

LDCad Flex part>Motor cable not editable?
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2018-05-10, 11:52 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (5)

I haven't made any models in a while and I ran into an issue guiding the cable of an M-Motor. At first I thought I was out of practice, but then I noticed the cable on the sensor I used looked different: none of my motor parts have editing points in the cable.

I have recently updated to LDCad 1.6b, but I am not aware of having made any changes. 
How can I get the editing points back?

Print this item

LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2018-01 v2 now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2018-05-08, 11:51 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (2)

An updated version of the LDraw All-In-One-Installer, in short AIOI, has been released.

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista or higher (all versions). On 64-Bit Operating Systems it will install in the "Program files (x86)" folder. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2.

It contains the following changes:

* Update to LeoCAD 18.02
* Update to LDCad 1.6b
* Update to MPDCenter 2.4.1.0

You can download the AIOI from:

Home > Help > Get Started > LDraw All-In-One-Installer

Many thanks to all the programmers who contributed to this release.

Willy Tschager
(LDraw Content Manager)

Print this item

LDCad part/step insertion at current source location vs. end?
Posted by: Jeff Boen - 2018-05-06, 1:00 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (9)

Hey guys,

Long time MLCad user (in fact, it's my old 3DStudio render of the 8816 kit that Michael used for the splash screen and I did the MLCad logos for him).
I just started playing with LDCad and had one question.
Being a part author from *way* back in the days when James was still with us Sad , I'm very much into keeping my .dat source ordered in a very specific way, with parts being added in a sequential order from bottom to top (Y) back to front (Z) and left to right (Z) so that each piece can be seen as it is added, regardless of the step separations. Just the way I like to work. This means I'm often dropping parts into the middle of the existing list as I copy/paste, decide to break things into smaller steps, etc.

With MLCad parts were always added (or duplicated) immediately following the current item you have selected in the .dat window (part, step, comment, whatever). So far it seems like adding (or duplicating an existing) part or step in LDCad always wants to place it at the end of the current model/submodel source. This is cumbersome for me as I then have to move the part up where I want it in the actual source if I happen to be making a mid-dat edit. It's just my preferred way of organizing elements within steps. 

I've looked at the docs, checked the shortcuts and all pref settings I can find but see nothing that allows me to specify that I want new pieces (whether they be dragged from the parts bin or duplicated from existing pieces with key shortcuts) to be placed immediately following my current location in the source. Can this be done?

I'm sure lots of people don't even edit with their source window open and never worry about it, but I keep it open and docked and want very tight control over the order of every element placed in it, so not having to manually move things around after adding them would be very helpful.

And thanks to lots of you here. After being all about MLCad for... wow, like almost 20 years now... I forced myself to check out LDCad after reading lots of praise for it. For now it's still a bit cumbersome in many ways (for me) over MLCad, but I can see the potential and hopefully it'll make future documentation/releases of our model line easier.

TIA
Jeff
BrickGun.com owner
LUGNET User #114

Print this item

Help with unofficial parts in LDcad
Posted by: End Unsure - 2018-05-03, 3:12 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

Is there a way to install unofficial parts in LDcad without downloading the entire unofficial parts library?

I have the parts I want, I tried putting them in folder structures like

/Unofficial/ldraw/Parts (as it is in the 'Complete' Zip that LDcad draws from)

I went into LDcad, Preferences, search and added the new folder/s (I tried many different file structures) as described here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_unoflib

I restarted and all that, I just cant seem to have the program find these parts, to see if it has them I open LDcad, go to search and search the exact part numbers as their files are named such as
"24196"

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Print this item

How to create the Unofficial part
Posted by: jass - 2018-05-02, 8:54 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

I want to create some unofficial parts like paper plane, egg......
I open the .dat file for some official parts and find there are many subfile under the simple model. It is hard for me to create the unofficial parts like it. Is there any tools or good way to create it?
Thanks for your help and comments.

Print this item