10030 - Imperial Star Destroyer

10030 - Imperial Star Destroyer
Notes:
- This file is not compliant with the new OMR Spec.
- There are some part substitutions, most notably the cater piece for the top dome.
- Plastic bends, LDraw parts don't. The angles in this model lead to very minor piece misalignments. They're hard to see but they are there if you look for them.

Attached Files
.mpd   10030.mpd (Size: 79.52 KB / Downloads: 17)
Re: 10030 - Imperial Star Destroyer
Nice, next the super star destroyer? Smile
Love to but seeing as that I'm 9000 miles away from home right now, it'll have to wait until I get there and get ahold of one of the sets.
Thank you, sadly it's about as close as I'm going to get to this wonderful set I think. It sure is fun to look at.
Nice to see this too - this was one of the first ones I attempted, and like with the death star II, was frustrated with sub assemblies lining up badly.
- Greg
"The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked"
Don't even get me started on how impossible the angles were on this model I did a fair amount of trig to calculate them. Everything lines up pretty nice; it would take a perfectionist (like me) to notice and even then it would have to be at extreme zoom levels with subassemblies hidden.
I used AutoCAD to sketch the overall rotation angle for the frame side and the funny part of the bridge interior (PIC) of the Executor, it was nice that they lined up perfect. I don't recall if 10030's were all in a row, but I know the last hinge didn't quite line up.
I'm taking a break from the Executor to try to get back to 10214 - I'm going to try to sketch the curve on the cables in CAD, and see if I can get those pieces to look right.
- Greg
"The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked"
Orion Pobursky Wrote:Don't even get me started on how impossible the angles were on this model I did a fair amount of trig to calculate them.

Anyone tried to actually 'bend' the sub models using custom transformation(s)? Because I was just thinking about that regarding a (very distant future) feature in LDCad (physics calculations).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »