LDview .ldr parts missing / weird placement, LDD flexible grease band

LDview .ldr parts missing / weird placement, LDD flexible grease band
Hello.
I use the LDD for two weeks now and use the LDView to convert the lego models in a format for 3d programs.

Sadly the .ldr (lego draw) file format doesn't save some blocks and flexible things.

Is there a possiblity to get all blocks and flexible stuff into LDview or a other program where I convert it into a 3d format ?

Is it possible to get the .lxf file in a 3d program or can I convert the .lxf file straight to a 3d format ?

In the LDD, is there a flexible grease band ?

Here is a example how I want to apply the grease band:
[Image: b3sm924d.png]

Also sometimes if I've rotated a view blocks in the LDD, some parts in LDview are rotated/placed weird.

Here is a picture of it:

[Image: i47vag6o.png]

I hope some people could answer my questions Smile
Re: LDview .ldr parts missing / weird placement, LDD flexible grease band
I don't know about most of your questions, but I'm pretty sure the parts that are oriented wrong are a result of an error in your ldraw.xml. If you're using the one that came with LDD, you might try the one linked in this wiki article.
Thank you for your answer.

I've updated the bricks with MLCad, but it looks like the same like in LDView.
Like I said: LDD show the same .ldr file correctly but LDraw and other LD-programs
rotate some bricks.

Maybe some other problem.
I've created a model with 730 bricks (150.000 polygons). LDView show the model very smoothly (with 4x FSAA), but in all 3d programs its stuttering like hell. How is that possible ? A "simple" program like LDView can display this model with smooth 60 FPS and my expensive 3d program (cinema 4d) show this model with just 2 FPS and without FSAA.
As Travis explained, the orientation/position problem depends on file ldraw.xml that must be placed in LDD program folder as explained in the Wiki. But file link on the wiki is vastly outdated, get the latest version from http://gallaghersart.com/page/new_ldd_pa..._ldraw.xml.

Also note that only parts that exist in both system can be translated. There are many parts that exist in LDD but not in LDraw, and the other way round.
Thanks, but its still there.
I've placed the new ldraw.xml in the folder of LDD and exported the model again.
The two bricks are still weird rotated.

Also there is a brick missing.

This shows up when I open the .ldr file.
Is there a method to fix this ?

Why can't I find the brick in LDFind with the number "98313" ?
This nubmer isn't so usefull when I don't know which brick it is.

Also I can't find some "special" bricks in the lego digital designer in general.
It takes 30-60 minutes to find ONE brick.
I must open one category afther another and search through all bricks :/

Can I create custom categorys for me with some bricks I want ?
A simple Google search for lego 98313 shows you what part that is, and LDFind presumably doesn't find it because it's not in the LDraw library (official or unofficial). You can do this with most LEGO part numbers.

I can't help with LDD-specific issues. Note that these are LDD-specific issues; the LDraw software is behaving correctly, but ldraw.xml simply doesn't have the right info for the rotated parts.
Actually, it appears that LEGO part 98313 is LDraw part 76116.dat.
Brickset is a good reference, too.

I'm not sure whether 76116 is the same as 98313, but they look to be interchangeable.

If anyone can confirm, I'll add 98313 to the library as an alias.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »