Bricksmith crashing when closing windows - anyone else?

Bricksmith crashing when closing windows - anyone else?
I am curious if any other frequent Bricksmith users can confirm encountering the crashing bugs reported here, especially the one that occurs when closing documents, which has been a real thorn in my side the past few months: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i...tid=762990 (If so, please consider commenting on the sourceforge bug tracker as well.) Thanks.

I'm using Bricksmith 2.5.1 with Mac OS X 10.8.1.
Re: Bricksmith crashing when closing windows - anyone else?
x2. Seems to have started with the upgrade to 10.7 (Lion). Haven't upgraded to 10.8 yet. I get crashes on closing document/windows, some crashes on saving.

BrickSmith 2.5.1, Mac OS X 10.7.4.
Good to know it's not just me. My guess is there's some issue with the autosave/reopen windows features introduced in Lion, but I'm not sure since the crashes seem to occur regardless of those system settings.

I've also encountered some unexpected behavior with the Inspector window - not updating to show the correct form when, for instance, a submodel is selected.
It seems 10.7 is sending messages during deallocation of superviews without first cleaning up the links to those superviews. Crashes ensue. I believe I have now fixed this particular issue. If you are able to build from the latest source, please see if this crash has now gone away.

Allen
Hi Allen,

Thanks for tracking down the probable cause of these bugs. I have checked out a fresh copy of the latest source from Sourceforge, but since I am unfortunately a bit rusty with Xcode I can't figure out how to resolve this one "Dependency Analysis Error" that crops up when attempting to build it:

Quote:There is no SDK with the name or path '/Users/anoved/Documents/Code/Lego/Bricksmith/bricksmith/trunk/Bricksmith/macosx10.6'

I have Xcode 4.4.1 with OS X 10.8.1. This looks like something that can likely be resolved by selecting a different default SDK somewhere, but I'm not sure where. If you can nudge me in the right direction I'd be happy to resume testing the latest builds!

Jim
In Xcode 4, you first click on the project itself to get to the project editor.
(like is shown in the screenshot here)

Then you need to go to build settings and change the Base SDK setting (and all its child variants) to an SDK you actually have on your system.

Here's a movie that shows how to edit build settings:

You will also need to do this for the AMSProgressBar child project. In Xcode 4, rather than opening that project separately, it also shows up in the file outline for Bricksmith.

Allen
Thanks. I set the Base SDKs to 10.8 and that resolved the dependency error.

Now I see a number of "Semantic Issue" errors in LDrawDocument.m regarding the undeclared identifier LDrawDisallowDragToSourcePboardType. Looks like something that maybe should be defined among other Pasteboard types in MacLDraw.h, but isn't (at least in the code I just checked out).
That was a botched partial checkin. It should be fixed now.

Allen
Yep, builds fine now. Plus, as far as I can tell from banging on it for a few minutes, the crash-on-closing-window problem indeed seems to be fixed. I'll email you if I encounter any other issues.
I got it built and I'll use this version and see if I get any crashes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »