62712 - Brick 2 x 2 with Ball Socket and Axlehole

62712 - Brick 2 x 2 with Ball Socket and Axlehole
Howdy,

I'm in the process of creating a highly-anticipated instructional guide of one of my recent custom creations -- however, I searched every possible part in the LDraw library for my software, and couldn't find one particular piece which is extremely vital to making the 3-D instructions: a 2x2 brick with a socket for a ball joint:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../62712.dat

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/62712

After searching this site for information on it, I found and downloaded the DAT file from the first link, but I wasn't sure where to install it in the parts library folder (I mean, which particular folder). All I need is this piece for finishing my 3-D instructional guide; could one of the admins please review and certify this -- or at least, please instruct me how to install an unofficial DAT file of it to my library? Either or will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

-Baron
Re: 62712 - Brick 2 x 2 with Ball Socket and Axlehole
Hello Julius

It looks like the part (along with it's sub-part) indeed only requires admin-review. Unfortunately, there is only one part-admin, Chris Dee, to review them, and he's been REEEEEAAALLY busy the last 3 months reviewing some 1200+ parts. I realize it's sometimes easy to get angry or frustrated when the parts you want aren't reviewed (in fact, you're pretty much preaching to the choir). However, Chris has been so crazily busy and productive these last few months that not even a cynical jerk such as myself can fault him for not getting to everything. However, if you give him a gentle nudge, he'll usually be willing to help you out. Just be careful not to nudge too hard. Wink (Oh, and this post should be ample nudge, although in the future you should probably post these kinds of things in the parts-request thread stickied at the top.)

In the meanwhile, in order to use the part, simply save it into your LDRAW/Parts folder (wherever it's located on your machine) and be sure to also download it's sub-part and put it in the LDRAW/Parts/S folder. Then, you'll have to go into MLCad and scan for new parts (or add the part manually to your parts.lst file) and you should be good to go.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »