Weird LDView bug/quirk

Weird LDView bug/quirk
So. I've got a strange LDView error. I've got a setting group for part reviewing/editing with optional lines set to show control points, and random colours used for surfaces. From the picture below it all looks great on screen. It's part 92590 and subparts.

But the moment I export to PNG you get what is on the right side of the image. And thereafter LDView shows the image like that. At a guess it's showing the optional lines only but I'm not certain about that.

Below are the unusual settings:
Random colors Y
Field of view 0.1

Edge lines Y
Conditional Lines Y
Show control points Y
High quality Y

[Image: 7009569195_cd8cbec806.jpg]
Weird LDView bug by gambort, on Flickr
Re: Weird LDView bug/quirk
Are you using the official LDView 4.1, or one of my test builds? On my Mac, I can't reproduce the problem with either LDView 4.1 or my current source tree, so either the problem is Window-specific, or I'm doing something different, or you're using an intermediate build.
Hi Travis,

I'm using V4.1.1.35 which I think is an official as I don't recall downloading any betas.

I can't work out where LDView is storing its preferences to upload them.

I did, however, narrow the problem down. If I don't use random colours, it saves and works fine.

Tim
That's an unofficial build. However, it's relatively recent; I'll take a look on my Windows box to see if the problem is still happening. LDView's preferences should be in the Registry under HKCU\Software\Travis Cobbs\LDView.
Weird. I don't remember downloading anything unofficial. But I trust the versioning.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Tim
It appears that the bug OS-specific, and didn't affect the Mac version. I don't think it was caused by the fact that you had a development build, though, so I suspect that it exists in LDView 4.1. To be honest, I don't know why it didn't cause patterns to disappear in screenshots, since the root cause that showed up with random colors should have affected patterns also.

In any event, here is another development build that should fix the problem:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/pri...101-36.zip
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »