Stud.io click functionality

Stud.io click functionality
Hopefully this is the correct section of the forum for this.

I have downloaded the unofficial file parts/51698.dat Duplo, Plate 3 x 4 x 2 1/3 Rampart Item No: 51698

Using it in Bricklink Studio I don't seem to be able to click any other item to it. Sorry if I am doing something wrong as I am a new user.
RE: Existing Part Edit Requests
unfortunately BL Studio hasnt click for Duplo...
(but could be added via BL PartDesigner, use standard part studs)
RE: Stud.io click functionality
I would be incredibly grateful if someone would write a tutorial on how download an unofficial part and use Part Designer to add it to Stud.io.
RE: Existing Part Edit Requests
I find all the other Duplo parts click into place.
(2024-09-15, 20:36)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I would be incredibly grateful if someone would write a tutorial on how download an unofficial part and use Part Designer to add it to Stud.io.

Here you go:
1. find the part on the PT and download it:

if it is a complex part with subparts, maybe use the "download zip file" (thank you Orion for adding this, perfect use for PD import)

2. open it in PartDesigner

open it (some assembly needed sometimes)

3. change to Connectivity mode

should be transparent wireframe now

4. add connectivities

use the stuff on the left side to add them (top=red/bottom=cyan/attachments=yellow), correct the exact positions if needed

5. export to Studio

change back to normal mode and use the "upload to Studio" in the upper right corner
fill the part numbers, if it isnt used yet and you can assign the correct BL number it will link to the BL part (including colors and price)

6. import in Studio

open Studio and change from main part palette to Custom parts (search for your part there)

7. use in Studio

then use it and if the connectivities are right, build.
Thanks Rene,

This was the first Duplo part I have found here that didn't already connect properly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »