Can snap be made or changed yourself ?

Can snap be made or changed yourself ?
Hello

Have a question regarding parts that do not have any or wrong snap. Is it possible to make it yourself, perhaps with LDpartseditor?

Can give an example:
Part 54200 has no snap, but 54200pc1 does, there are several parts I would like to be able to change, but don't want to start anything until I hear your opinion

Have familiarized myself with LDparteditor.

Thank you for your time Smile

dkd
RE: Can snap be made or changed yourself ?
I think the "snap" isnt in the File done with LDPE...
For LDCad and similar, there seems to be an own library for that.

maybe report the "error" to the respective threads:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-28313.html
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23807.html
(2024-07-27, 14:05)dkd Wrote: Can give an example:
Part 54200 has no snap, but 54200pc1 does, there are several parts I would like to be able to change, but don't want to start anything until I hear your opinion

Assuming you are talking about LDCad (based on your posting history), I added snapping to those parts back in 2022 (I think it was released with the second 1.7 alpha).

So You are probably using an old LDCad version.

You can also update just your snapping information by downloading the latest version of the shadow library:
https://github.com/RolandMelkert/LDCadShadowLibrary

Just use the 'code' zip (Green button on the github page) and point LDCad's prefs/LDraw/Search paths shadow location at it.
Rename the zip to csl if you're using 1.6d or older.

ps: I recommend upgrading to LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (and the latest github shadow) though, don't mind the beta stage it is very stable. (Even more so than 1.6d actually).
Hello
Sorry for my late reply!

Thank you Rene, have looked at it, probably a bit too technical for me Wink 

To you Roland, is using LDCad 1.7 alpha 2.a and no snap on part 54200, I'm trying to update to the beta version, but am a bit confused if it's alpha 2.a to update or if it's a brand new program that must be installed, if I install the beta version by itself, there are no parts or anything included, do I have to install them myself?

dkd

ps: I hope you will bear with my ignorance
(2024-07-30, 11:44)dkd Wrote: To you Roland, is using LDCad 1.7 alpha 2.a and no snap on part 54200, I'm trying to update to the beta version, but am a bit confused if it's alpha 2.a to update or if it's a brand new program that must be installed, if I install the beta version by itself, there are no parts or anything included, do I have to install them myself?

If you installed ldraw using the AIOI you still can just run the Beta 1 setup, it will check for the existence of the AIOI install location.

LDCad does not include parts it only includes snap information (shadow library).

To upgrade your parts you need to download the latest complete.zip and copy its contents over the previous versions of the p and parts folders.

LDCad can also use complete.zip as-is, but not all other ldraw tools support this. But if you don't use any other tools it will be faster that way.
(2024-07-30, 20:29)Roland Melkert Wrote: If you installed ldraw using the AIOI you still can just run the Beta 1 setup, it will check for the existence of the AIOI install location.

LDCad does not include parts it only includes snap information (shadow library).

To upgrade your parts you need to download the latest complete.zip and copy its contents over the previous versions of the p and parts folders.

LDCad can also use complete.zip as-is, but not all other ldraw tools support this. But if you don't use any other tools it will be faster that way.

Hello

Then I got it installed, think I had too many versions of LDCad on the same drive, after cleaning the drive it worked as you wrote Roland !!

Many thanks for the help!
dkd
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »