Incorrect clip placement on part 30259

Incorrect clip placement on part 30259
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (please let me know), but I've found a problem with the model for part 30259.dat (Roadsign Clip-on 2.2 x 2.667 Triangular). It's an older version of the more modern 65676.dat. The 30259 model has the clip positioned near the centre of the piece, but photos of this piece (see bricklink page here) clearly show the clip to be located closer to one edge of the triangle.

This is an older model, so I'm not sure how it could have gone so long without being noticed. Perhaps there is another mould variant?

I discovered the issue when I was trying to use yellow 30259s (65676 is not available in yellow) to create the Triforce for a Legend of Zelda MOC, and the erroneous clip position became apparent only after I had bought the parts. I was still able to make it work, but not the way that stud.io said it would.
RE: Incorrect clip placement on part 30259
(2024-06-26, 0:40)Reid Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (please let me know), but I've found a problem with the model for part 30259.dat (Roadsign Clip-on 2.2 x 2.667 Triangular). It's an older version of the more modern 65676.dat. The 30259 model has the clip positioned near the centre of the piece, but photos of this piece (see bricklink page here) clearly show the clip to be located closer to one edge of the triangle.

This is an older model, so I'm not sure how it could have gone so long without being noticed. Perhaps there is another mould variant?

I discovered the issue when I was trying to use yellow 30259s (65676 is not available in yellow) to create the Triforce for a Legend of Zelda MOC, and the erroneous clip position became apparent only after I had bought the parts. I was still able to make it work, but not the way that stud.io said it would.
I compared with the model available from LDD / BIs app, and indeed the clip is placed 4 ldu too high in the LDraw model, for 30259 AND 65676.[Image: blush.png]
Needs obsoletization of the old parts and creation of new corrected ones...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2024-06-26, 7:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I compared with the model available from LDD / BIs app, and indeed the clip is placed 4 ldu too high in the LDraw model, for 30259 AND 65676.[Image: blush.png]
Needs obsoletization of the old parts and creation of new corrected ones...

Triangular signs are now updated on PT
https://library.ldraw.org/search/part?s=...triangular
(2024-06-27, 17:26)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Triangular signs are now updated on PT
https://library.ldraw.org/search/part?s=...triangular

The unprinted new part is missing, 30259a
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »