Call for bug reports on LDCad 1.7 Beta 1

Call for bug reports on LDCad 1.7 Beta 1
I've picked up work on LDCad again these last few weeks preparing for 1.7 Beta 2.

So if anyone has had some issues or discovered any bugs, please report them here so I can fix them in this new version.

Current release notes:
Code:
--==1.7 Beta 2 (??-??-2024)==--
Fixed:
- [FileIO] Files containing numbers with a ridiculous number of decimal digits will no longer cause weird rounding errors. Only the first 20 digits will be used and internally rounded to 19 digits.
- [Config] Added missing glTF folder to setup.sh
- [Config] Editing grid settings will no longer get lost when upgrading from a very old version. It will now reset to the default when detected.
- [GUI] Added (experimental) 'outside monitor' protection to the main window position and size restore upon start.
- [Shadow] The shadow cleaner function in the Linux version no longer falsely complains about orphaned shadow files.
- [Shadow] Regenerating the CONTRIBUTIONS.md file will now correctly merge information from multiple libraries if they share the same shadow.
- [PartBin] The part bin filter will no longer limit results to library items when searching on keyword content.
- [Editing] The rotation stepping enabled/disabled option is no longer ignored in 2D editing move.
- [Editing] Paste a position + rotation value using the property editor will no longer crash the application if only a position is on the clipboard.

Improved/Changed:
- [Config] Improved handling of unknown values.
- [Config] Added numpad variants to hotkey selection.
- [OpenGL] Removed the 'reuse front buffer' option as it doesn't work on modern hardware / OS's and instead ends up causing problems and/or confusion. During upgrade the option will default to FBO. If FBO turns out to be unavailable or fails to initialize it will revert to 'normal' mode.
- [Shadow] Unofficial part content is now allowed in the official shadow library. The shadow cleaner will help keep an eye on them once the linked part becomes official.

Added:
- [Config] Libraries can now be given an (optional) name for use in pbg filters.
- [PartBin] Favorite parts can now be added including the current working color.
- [PartBin] Added new pbg filter rule kind, "libName", for use with the new library name.
- [PartBin] Added a patterned plates group to the sorted tree.
- [PartBin] It is now possible to filter on color using the special '@' character. If given it will always act as: 'color AND (other entered text)'. Just like the '!' character this is only available when the filter is set to use AND or OR comparison method.
- [Editing] Added a "open current subfile location" option to the session menu.
- [Editing] Added alternative panning and rotation middle mouse button orientated interaction modes.

Still planned:

- Some (minor) additional shadow editing tools.
- Some minor scripting extensions.
- Add support for the new AVATAR meta.
- Add support for the new LDraw_org qualifiers.
- Rotation step 'Favourites'.
RE: Call for bug reports on LDCad 1.7 Beta 1
I jumped the gun on the new LDRAW_ORG qualifiers. They are still in the planning stage and are not yet ready for implementation as the implementation may change drastically. Once I have firm grasp on what the library needs, I'll draft a formal spec for the LSB.
(2024-06-08, 19:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I jumped the gun on the new LDRAW_ORG qualifiers. They are still in the planning stage and are not yet ready for implementation as the implementation may change drastically. Once I have firm grasp on what the library needs, I'll draft a formal spec for the LSB.

I only really use/need them as a rendering hint like physical_colour, so it can wait Smile
There is something that's causing the occasional crash for me. I'll take note the next time it happens, but now that you mention it, it might be this one:
Code:
- [Editing] Paste a position + rotation value using the property editor will no longer crash the application if only a position is on the clipboard.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »