[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.7.5 (triangle auto-completion)

[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.7.5 (triangle auto-completion)
Hey,

this release brings triangle auto-completion. It can speed-up pattern creation once again (Video on YouTube).
Just place a few vertices and click on the "magic stick" icon
.png   magic.png (Size: 1.39 KB / Downloads: 107) .
Then hover with the circle above the vertices. They will be auto-magically triangulated.
You can increase and decrease the "magic circle" size with the cursor keys.
The selection is limited to 25 vertices, otherwise it will not work smoothly.

To test this feature, you could load a finished pattern and delete one colour from the pattern.
Then try to recreate the deleted area with triangle auto-completion by moving the circle over it.
Zooming in/out and adjusting the circle size with the cursor keys helps you during this process.

Please note that it can leave gaps, sice it refuses to create very sharp triangles.
This feature does not yet consider reference lines or the background picture contents.

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.
Any previous version should be uninstalled first. Your program configuration will be preserved.

Change log:

New feature:
  • Added "Triangle Auto-Completion" which creates triangles over a set of vertices inside a circle. Use the cursor keys to increase or decrease the circle size.

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.7.5 (triangle auto-completion)
Now this looks fancy! Looking forward to try it.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-06-03, 20:04)Nils Schmidt Wrote: This feature does not yet consider reference lines or the background picture contents.

Emphasis added…because it implies that one day we might be able to auto-triangulate from a background image?? Big Grin
That Magic Stick was a fun tool. Will save quite some time.  Big Grin
An awesome new feature that I didn't try yet!
...and of course it comes with a requests Wink
I'd like to have some form of activation of the tool (click while hovering?). As it works now, I leave a trail of triangles between the menu bar and the area that I want to triangulate...
Nils, Thansk for this feature!

This real works well! I tried it on some pattern and it does its job very good! Speeds up the pattern creation.

Looking forward when it can take into account reference lines from templates!

THanks again!
(2024-06-11, 6:56)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: An awesome new feature that I didn't try yet!
...and of course it comes with a requests Wink
I'd like to have some form of activation of the tool (click while hovering?). As it works now, I leave a trail of triangles between the menu bar and the area that I want to triangulate...

Have you tried to release the left mouse button?
It worked like a pencil or a brush when I tried it. It added triangles only when I pressed the button. But it was a bit surprising in the beginning.

I used it as a filler tool, to add all the uncoloured triangles after I made the pattern.
(2024-06-11, 16:21)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Have you tried to release the left mouse button?
I don't have to press any button to draw triangles after selecting the magic wand tool  Huh
(2024-06-11, 16:46)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I don't have to press any button to draw triangles after selecting the magic wand tool  Huh

True. I thought I had to press, but it works as you describe it.
I see the problem.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »