New color in LDCad

New color in LDCad
Hi guys, in this year we got the new color - reddish orange. I wanted to build the set 42179 to share it here https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-27891.html but unfortunately this color is not available in Ldraw. So I tried my skills and opened my Ldconfig file in notepad and added this:

0                              // LEGOID 167 - Reddish Orange
0 !COLOUR Reddish_Orange                                        CODE 1136  VALUE #CA4C0B  EDGE #333333

Based on the Bricklink and Rebrickable

.jpg   bricklink.jpg (Size: 17.7 KB / Downloads: 399)

And for me it works, so I think the model is ready to share. However, other users do not have this color, so I am not sure is it good moment to share or wait. How others can get it? Add the color manually? Wait for an update?
Here is the finished model where you can see the reddish orange rings:

But I have one more question - why the program shows me another color as missing if I added only reddish orange?

.jpg   missing color.jpg (Size: 10.74 KB / Downloads: 398)
RE: New color in LDCad
In the push to get the ring fixes out, I forgot to include the new LDConfig. It will be released this month with the 2024-03 update.
(2024-04-02, 17:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: In the push to get the ring fixes out, I forgot to include the new LDConfig. It will be released this month with the 2024-03 update.

will it inculde trans neon red the color used on tahu's eyestalk?
(2024-04-02, 18:56)Jeff Jones Wrote: will it inculde trans neon red the color used on tahu's eyestalk?

Could you please give us some more info?  Set number, or Bricklink colour number?
(2024-04-02, 19:21)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Could you please give us some more info?  Set number, or Bricklink colour number?

color id and name is 158 Transparent Fluorescent Red only one piece exists in this color and its 32554 VOODOO EYES with element 4143787 and the sets it appears in are set 8540-1 Vakama set 8534-1 Tahu set 8572-1 Tahu Nuva set 8711-1 The Ultimate BIONICLE Set and set 4193353-1 Clock Set, BIONICLE Tahu Nuva

image source is from Rylie Howerter's Flickr
(2024-04-02, 17:07)Paweł Turalski Wrote: ...However, other users do not have this color, so I am not sure is it good moment to share or wait. How others can get it? Add the color manually? Wait for an update?
You could hardcode the colour using its rgb values like 0x02RRGGBB (hex) as its colour number. Where the leading 2 is for solid colours, a 3 would make it transparent.

(2024-04-02, 17:07)Paweł Turalski Wrote: But I have one more question - why the program shows me another colour as missing if I added only reddish orange?

Is there a type 1 line using that literal colour number inside the mpd (or any other currently loaded ldraw file)?
(2024-04-02, 20:33)Jeff Jones Wrote: color id and name is 158 Transparent Fluorescent Red

I agree. That colour is missing. Willy, Could you please add it?

(2024-04-02, 17:07)Paweł Turalski Wrote: Hi guys, in this year we got the new color - reddish orange.

The Ldraw CODE for Reddish Orange will be 402, and you have the correct hex value.
I plan on doing an update while we are in Billund so as long as I get the needed files, a revised LDConfig will be released then.
(2024-04-02, 21:01)Roland Melkert Wrote: You could hardcode the colour using its rgb values like 0x02RRGGBB  (hex) as its colour number. Where the leading 2 is for solid colours, a 3 would make it transparent.

Is there a type 1 line using that literal colour number inside the mpd (or any other currently loaded ldraw file)?

I don't understand how to hardcode it, so I'm going to skip this part now. But let's go to the second situation:

So Magnus said the code will be 402 and ok, I changed it in my LDConfig file, now it looks like this:

Now when I open my 42179 again, the color is missing. I still see the missing color I showed before AND the used reddish orange (coded 1136) is also missing:

.png   42179 missing.png (Size: 44.25 KB / Downloads: 303)
You can see that the ring now looks like dbg/black

However, when I search the color 402 it works - reddish orange is there and I can fix the rings:

.png   42179 402.png (Size: 48.29 KB / Downloads: 303)

Going back to your question about currently loaded file - no, and here is what I see when I open the program again and start the new project. The color 1136 is not here anymore and that's ok, but the mystery missing color is still there. As you can see in my notepad, the only change in the file is the fact that I added the color and then I changed the code from 1136 to 402

.png   missing color.png (Size: 9.91 KB / Downloads: 303)

And if it's important or not, before I started building the set, I removed the auto config file and manually searched the config file with my modification. Everything works excepting the fact I still see that mystery missing color

(2024-04-03, 9:39)Paweł Turalski Wrote: I don't understand how to hardcode it, so I'm going to skip this part now.
Hard-coding is using a special color number which includes the rgb inside of itself.

.png   coded2.png (Size: 8.92 KB / Downloads: 271)

.png   coded.png (Size: 19.51 KB / Downloads: 271)

(2024-04-03, 9:39)Paweł Turalski Wrote: Everything works excepting the fact I still see that mystery missing color
Could you share your custom ldconfig.ldr, as you seem to have 9 pages of solid plastic while i only get 3 with the 2402 lib one.
(2024-04-03, 19:40)Roland Melkert Wrote: Hard-coding is using a special color number which includes the rgb inside of itself.

Could you share your custom ldconfig.ldr, as you seem to have 9 pages of solid plastic while i only get 3 with the 2402 lib one.

Got it! The rings are now in decoded and technically I have the same color in code 402 (somewhere) and decoded on the last page

.png   decoded.png (Size: 10.9 KB / Downloads: 266)

You say that I have 9 pages and for some point it makes sense, because I have some rare colors:

.png   rare.png (Size: 10.75 KB / Downloads: 266)

But you are right, there are A LOT of dithered colors, I have no idea why

.png   dithered.png (Size: 10.96 KB / Downloads: 266)

Similarly there are some autotrans

.png   autotrans.png (Size: 9.11 KB / Downloads: 266)

I did not add them, this is basically what I got when I downloaded the LDCad. The only change in the config file is added color, rest is the same. But here is my config file:

.ldr   LDConfig.ldr (Size: 37.92 KB / Downloads: 2)
(2024-04-03, 20:21)Paweł Turalski Wrote: You say that I have 9 pages and for some point it makes sense, because I have some rare colors
I did not add them, this is basically what I got when I downloaded the LDCad. The only change in the config file is added color, rest is the same. But here is my config file:

It seems ok indeed, I thought there might be a typo/overflow or something but I don't get the ffffff color with this config file.

Only thing remaining, I can think of, is the color being in your color history or used in some custom part.

The extra dither/trans colors are calculated ones, I forgot that used to be enabled by default. It's disabled in the 1.7 version.

You can change that in the pref/ldraw menu.
(2024-04-02, 21:20)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I agree. That colour is missing. Willy, Could you please add it?

.ldr   LDConfig.ldr (Size: 39.23 KB / Downloads: 14)

Here's the latest LDConfig with 158 - Trans_Neon_Red already added.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-04-05, 10:21)Willy Tschager Wrote: Here's the latest LDConfig with 158 - Trans_Neon_Red already added.

Here's the latest alternative colour file.

.ldr   LDCfgalt.ldr (Size: 23.86 KB / Downloads: 8)

Could the reference chart be updated too?

It’d help convince the Studio team to use the correct LDraw numbers rather than invent temporary ones (10000+BL number at the moment).

Oh, small typo: it says LEGO ID for Umber Brown is 432, it’s 423.
(2024-04-06, 7:27)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Could the reference chart be updated too?
Yep, I'll do it!
(2024-04-06, 10:13)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Yep, I'll do it!

Thanks  Smile
(2024-04-06, 13:03)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Thanks  Smile

Here it is... This is a pretty manual process, so a careful verification would be appreciated before I create the variants and share all the files Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

the trans color 10375 is the new trans black?
40 (the old trans black) is what BL calls smoke? (transparent dark brown)
(2024-04-06, 15:22)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Here it is... This is a pretty manual process, so a careful verification would be appreciated before I create the variants and share all the files Big Grin

It looks good to me. All included.
Maybe you could move 367 Opal Green so that all sections are in numerical order?
(2024-04-06, 18:35)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: It looks good to me. All included.
Maybe you could move 367 Opal Green so that all sections are in numerical order?
Corrected. You can find the generated images and the MPD. Could someone edit the web page or tell me how to do so?
[Image: visualldconfig.png]

[Image: visualldconfigalt.png]

[Image: visualldconfigw.png]

[Image: visualldconfigaltw.png]

Attached Files
.mpd   VisualLDconfig.mpd (Size: 698.29 KB / Downloads: 2)
(2024-04-07, 6:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Corrected. You can find the generated images and the MPD. Could someone edit the web page or tell me how to do so?

That mpd-file is broken.
(2024-04-07, 6:54)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: That mpd-file is broken.
Post updated... I had to resort to good old MPDwizard to get a usable mpd  Angel
(2024-04-06, 16:09)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: the trans color 10375 is the new trans black?
40 (the old trans black) is what BL calls smoke? (transparent dark brown)

The official BL name for LEGO 375 Trans-Black/LDraw 100375 Trans_Black is “Trans-Black (2023)” and for LEGO 111 Trans-Brown / LDraw 40 Trans_Brown, it’s “Trans-Brown (Old Trans-Black).”
The parentheses will be dropped at a later time, when people will have forgotten Trans-Brown was (wrongly) named Trans-Black / when confusing will be less likely.  (Studio has already dropped them.)

Also, there’s no “smoke” in BL colours 🤔
sorry, got this name from Peeron:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors
(they have a bit different names for some colors)
(2024-04-09, 8:22)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: sorry, got this name from Peeron:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors
(they have a bit different names for some colors)

Try this instead:
https://www.ryliehowerter.net/colors.php

The Peeron list is no longer maintained.
Everything good to go? I'll update today if we're ready.
i forgot one color its Duplo Salmon aka 123 Bright Reddish Orange
I have another I just discovered while testing the PBG code:
Lego ID 316 - Titanium Metallic
https://rebrickable.com/colors/1103/pearl-titanium/
(2024-04-10, 20:20)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I have another I just discovered while testing the PBG code:

https://tenor.com/view/garten-of-banban-...4042201155
(2024-04-10, 20:20)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I have another I just discovered while testing the PBG code:

Scratch that. It's color 87 but LEGO ID 316 isn't documented with 87 in the LDConfig. We'll get that fixed.
(2024-04-10, 21:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Scratch that. It's color 87 but LEGO ID 316 isn't documented with 87 in the LDConfig. We'll get that fixed.

https://tenor.com/view/garten-of-ban-ban...5777429911
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »