Is 5404.dat correct?

Is 5404.dat correct?
Hi,

I'm just wondering if part 5404.dat is correct, because the 1x1 cheese slope and 2x1 grille slope is 2.5 plats high, but it look slike part 5404 is slightly higher:

[Image: welp.png]

I think the bottom lip is slightly too high compared to the other 2 parts
Regards, SNIPE
RE: Is 5404.dat correct?
(2024-03-05, 22:50)SNIPE Wrote: Hi,

I'm just wondering if part 5404.dat is correct, because the 1x1 cheese slope and 2x1 grille slope is 2.5 plats high, but it look slike part 5404 is slightly higher:

[Image: welp.png]

I think the bottom lip is slightly too high compared to the other 2 parts
Regards, SNIPE

Thnaks for posting this, I wanted to discuss this already after I uploaded the part and then played around with it.
The slopes are two plates high.

The bottom Lip is currently 5 LDU (as is the new cheese grater), the 54200 is 4 LDU

THe raw file from the app is also using 5 LDU. using this geometry, even adapted does not allow this set up, as it cuts into the brick:

However due to tolerances etc this is possible in real life (as I got the parts), so I would lower the Lip to 4, which would then give us a 20 LDU high part

Edit: The real life situation is closer to the drawing at the bottom left, interesting...
RE: Is 5404.dat correct?
Wink 
(2024-03-06, 19:27)GeraldĀ Lasser Wrote: Thnaks for posting this, I wanted to discuss this already after I uploaded the part and then played around with it.
The slopes are two plates high.

The bottom Lip is currently 5 LDU (as is the new cheese grater), the 54200 is 4 LDU

THe raw file from the app is also using 5 LDU. using this geometry, even adapted does not allow this set up, as it cuts into the brick:

However due to tolerances etc this is possible in real life (as I got the parts), so I would lower the Lip to 4, which would then give us a 20 LDU high part

Edit: The real life situation is closer to the drawing at the bottom left, interesting...

Ok Thanks Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »