Welcome to new parts author Attila Tamas Zimler [atzimler]

Welcome to new parts author Attila Tamas Zimler [atzimler]
Join me in welcoming new parts author Attila Tamas Zimler [atzimler].

Please support them as they start their LDraw parts author journey.
RE: Welcome to new parts author Attila Tamas Zimler [atzimler]
(2024-03-05, 14:48)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Join me in welcoming new parts author Attila Tamas Zimler [atzimler].

Please support them as they start their LDraw parts author journey.

Welcome! We will do our very best to tear your parts apart and make your life as miserable as possible Big Grin .

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thank you for the warm welcome, looking forward to have my parts torn apart Smile. I've just been able to find finally the "Submit" button on the parts tracker - or maybe was not showing yet, when Yesterday looking for it. 

I've modeled 5120, not sure how much detail is needed. I've also seen that some files have been imported from the lego instructions app. I've composed 5120 after existing parts while looking at the actual piece.

Is there a raw part I should have started from?

The part discussion probably belongs to another thread, just being a newbie, not sure yet where.
Thanks again for the welcome, looking forward to work on parts.
(2024-03-06, 20:53)Attila Tamas Zimler Wrote: Thank you for the warm welcome, looking forward to have my parts torn apart Smile. I've just been able to find finally the "Submit" button on the parts tracker - or maybe was not showing yet, when Yesterday looking for it. 

I've modeled 5120, not sure how much detail is needed. I've also seen that some files have been imported from the lego instructions app. I've composed 5120 after existing parts while looking at the actual piece.

Is there a raw part I should have started from?

The part discussion probably belongs to another thread, just being a newbie, not sure yet where.
Thanks again for the welcome, looking forward to work on parts.

Also a warm welcome from me!

Here is 5120 and its sibling 5121 which shares some common geometry.
Note that all studs and antistuds are missing on them. So better use them as a guide for the overall diemnsions only.

Attached Files
.dat   5121_raw.dat (Size: 703.01 KB / Downloads: 3)
.dat   5120_raw.dat (Size: 333.25 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2024-03-06, 22:12)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Also a warm welcome from me!

Here is 5120 and its sibling 5121 which shares some common geometry.
Note that all studs and antistuds are missing on them. So better use them as a guide for the overall diemnsions only.

Hi,

Just a quick check-in that I haven't disappeared. Thank you for the raw files. they are extra useful, it provides details that I wasn't aware of when originally modeled the part. It also answers the question, "how much detail we need". Unfortunately the part at the original modeling was bit off, I've composed it from existing parts. Working on the fix now.

Is raw file available for all the models that lego comes out with? I've seen some files around for figure parts, but do they exists for printed heads and other printed pieces and stickers too?

Thanks for the information in forward and working in a busy fashion to be able to submit my first part for review,
Cheers,
Attila
Attila,

as it seams as the PT's email notification system has some hiccups, I'd like to make you aware that I started reviewing your part in case you didn't get mails.

Before I start reviewing the big chunks I'd like to see the small subs fixed. See you at the PT.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »