Major PT Update

Major PT Update
I'm going to drop a major PT update this week.

- This update switches our front end framework to a more modern system that is lightweight, more compatible with the back end, easier to maintain. As such, nearly all of the user facing pages have been updated.
- Voting is moved to the part detail page instead of it's own page
- Part submission is more interactive
- The user and admin dashboard will be temporarily removed for more extensive rework.

Since this update involve a lot of code revision, I ask everyone to be on the lookout for problems, visual errors, or other things I overlooked.
RE: Major PT Update
Thank you for the contious work to make the PT better to use!
(2024-02-25, 21:34)Orion Pobursky Wrote: - The user and admin dashboard will be temporarily removed for more extensive rework.

What will happen to the CC BY 2.0 Prim page?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-25, 22:44)Willy Tschager Wrote: What will happen to the CC BY 2.0 Prim page?

w.

It'll come back. I just need to drop this update since it's affecting my ability to do other bug fixes.
The update is now live. Please report any issue to this thread.
I am aware of an issue with permissions.
Very nice!

Some impressions:
+ modern design
+ comment/vote included in the part page
- toggle stud logo in the 3D-View doesnt work
- the part header is right-aligned (differently big spaces to the left)
found out what could be wrong with the display (by inspecting the page):

this div should be left-aligned...
(as of now, it is just aligned to the preview)
(2024-03-01, 15:50)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: found out what could be wrong with the display (by inspecting the page):

this div should be left-aligned...
(as of now, it is just aligned to the preview)

I thought I fixed this issue before the push.
some more (noncritical) "bugs" I found:

-when pushing the window too narrow, the name overlaps (and where is the personal page link)
-then the entries also get cut off (no sideways scrollbar)
-why are part name and file name switched? I think part name is more important...
-only review summary for the trains: why pairs?
(2024-03-01, 16:27)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: -when pushing the window too narrow, the name overlaps (and where is the personal page link)
-then the entries also get cut off (no sideways scrollbar)

Mobile support has always and is still in progress.

(2024-03-01, 16:27)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: -why are part name and file name switched? I think part name is more important...\

Do you mean filename and part description? No reason, other than on the old table file name came before description so when I combined the 2 columns, I put description under filename.

(2024-03-01, 16:27)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: -only review summary for the trains: why pairs?

That's the way it's always been formatted. There are horizontal line separations but they're hard to see so I'll make them darker.
Current issues:
- Searching from the quick search bar causes an error on the search page
- Formatting issues on small screens (mobile)
- The "replace file" checkbox on the submit page sometimes doesn't respond to clicks
Nice work! Still think there are a few things that needs to be adjust before this is an upgrade (IMHO). Happy to see that you use Tailwind! That is an excellent way of doing styling that I have used a lot!  I'm missing feedback on the buttons inside 3D view. Now none of them are highlighted. 

I also think the menu would look nicer with p-3 instead of p-2.

Overall I think it would be nice with a bit more "air". I would love to do a short pass of adjustment proposals if I'm not stepping on any toes.
(2024-03-01, 18:52)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: I would love to do a short pass of adjustment proposals if I'm not stepping on any toes.

I am not a professional web developer nor UI designer. Feedback or a helping hand is always appreciated.
(2024-03-01, 13:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The update is now live. Please report any issue to this thread.

This page is not telling me that 6 subfiles are completely missing
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/35244
(2024-03-01, 13:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The update is now live. Please report any issue to this thread.

Why is the "next page" button placed all the way to the far right?

Not possible to turn of, or return to default setting in the 3D preview window.

Simple header edits of  the description doesn't work.
when submitting, the "replace existing file(s)" button only works after triggering the error...
Must say, the new uploading workflow is EXCELLENT! Thanks for your hard work!
But search seems to be dead. Gives 500 error
On Weekly New Parts page (https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/weekly)
When applying descending sort, parts within a week should be also sorted descending
Quick search and the bug erroring the search page if a query string was used are fixed
"Replace file" checkbox not clickable in the submit page is fixed.
Not able to submit today

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2024-03-07, 9:58)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Not able to submit today

Can you post the part you were trying to submit? I just did a test submit using your account and it worked. There might be an uncaught error in the file causing validation to crash.
(2024-03-07, 13:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Can you post the part you were trying to submit? I just did a test submit using your account and it worked. There might be an uncaught error in the file causing validation to crash.

Sent in PM
(2024-03-07, 14:52)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Sent in PM

Had a look myself and for some reason that file has lost it's "Name:" line. So that's the issue. If it's completely missing you don't give the correct feedback
(2024-03-07, 14:55)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Had a look myself and for some reason that file has lost it's "Name:" line. So that's the issue. If it's completely missing you don't give the correct feedbac

The code checks for this but Name: is attempted to be used prior to this so it results in an uncaught error. I'll have it patched up shortly.
(2024-03-07, 16:02)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The code checks for this but Name: is attempted to be used prior to this so it results in an uncaught error. I'll have it patched up shortly.

This bug is now fixed
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »