Snap to flexible parts

Snap to flexible parts
Hi all,

Is there a good way to add snapinfo (LDCad) to a flexible part like a rigid hose?
I'd like to be able to snap parts with clips (for example) to a formed and curved rigid hose.

Thanks!

Jaco

P.S. I did ask before, and got things to work a little. Still very complex and a lot of work.
I'd like to see it to be standard. If possible.

See also https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-26354.html for something similar. Never got this to work properly either :-(
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Snap to flexible parts
(2024-02-14, 8:39)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Is there a good way to add snapinfo (LDCad) to a flexible part like a rigid hose?

As of 1.7 path donor snap information is used in the resulting bend part.But only if it uses static placement.

So in theory all you need is an alternative donor segment and some path placement tweaks.

And It will probably snap better when you disable all segment scaling options.
(2024-02-17, 7:17)Roland Melkert Wrote: As of 1.7 path donor snap information is used in the resulting bend part.But only if it uses static placement.

So in theory all you need is an alternative donor segment and some path placement tweaks.

And It will probably snap better when you disable all segment scaling options.

Right. Now I need to dig in this matter.
I have no idea how to make paths, static placement, scaling, etc....  Wink
I thought if I add the snap info from a 3L bar on the segment that makes the ridgid hose and scale that down to 1LDH high, it would work

I was hoping someone could make this and put in as standard?
After all, it is a rather common building technique involving putting piece on such hose.
Not only clips, but also other parts with holes that fit the hose.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2024-02-17, 9:27)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I was hoping someone could make this and put in as standard?
After all, it is a rather common building technique involving putting piece on such hose.
Not only clips, but also other parts with holes that fit the hose.

I might tweak the default templates during the re hauling of the bin.

But it might take awhile as I'm a bit behind researching all the newer flexible parts still missing a default template.
Here is a template for rigid hose, using the (official) 77.dat and u9053.dat segment parts. As these elements already have snapping information in LDCad, no other action is needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.ldr   rigid3mmHose-LQ-snap.ldr (Size: 1.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
(2024-02-19, 8:44)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Here is a template for rigid hose, using the (official) 77.dat and u9053.dat segment parts. As these elements already have snapping information in LDCad, no other action is needed.

Oh, thank you! I will try this out!

If this works, which I assume it will (since Philo made it ;-) perhaps it is worth to distribute as a standard (in LDCad)?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »