Can I work on an online Ldraw program?

Can I work on an online Ldraw program?
I've recently been working on a Lego modeling web program code named "GR8BRIK". I would like to add the Ldraw parts library to it, but #1: have no permission and #2: have no know way of embedding it. The websites in Alpha/Beta and is going to use a ThreeJS based renderer, along with a simple PHP and JS instruction maker. I already got a good web layout and Login system, again, I just need a parts library.

RE: Can I work on an online Ldraw program?
(2024-02-04, 14:54)Brickboy22 Wrote: #1: have no permission

https://www.ldraw.org/docs-main/licenses...fo.html#CA

You are free:

to copy - distribute, display, and use the CA approved LDraw Parts Library
    to make derivative works
    to make commercial use of the CA approved LDraw Parts Library

Under the following conditions:

Attribution - You must give the original author credit.
    The LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) also holds an attribution to 'The LDraw Parts Library' in such Derivative Works to be sufficient in lieu of a full list of authors.

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this library.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-04, 17:13)Willy Tschager Wrote: https://www.ldraw.org/docs-main/licenses...fo.html#CA

You are free:

to copy - distribute, display, and use the CA approved LDraw Parts Library
    to make derivative works
    to make commercial use of the CA approved LDraw Parts Library

Under the following conditions:

Attribution - You must give the original author credit.
    The LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) also holds an attribution to 'The LDraw Parts Library' in such Derivative Works to be sufficient in lieu of a full list of authors.

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this library.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

w.

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to get the parts in the scene  Smile
(2024-02-04, 19:16)Brickboy22 Wrote: Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to get the parts in the scene  Smile

Hey Brickboy22, 

Three.js has an Ldraw loader:
LDrawLoader
(2024-02-04, 21:38)Mark Wellas Wrote: Hey Brickboy22, 

Three.js has an Ldraw loader:
LDrawLoader

Am I free to use it though? The creator of the LdrawLoader may not  want me to use it.
Three.js is MIT licensed so you're free to use it as long as you follow the license.

There's also buildinginstructions.js (another Three.js LDR loader) which we use here on LDraw.org and is public domain.
(2024-02-07, 19:56)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Three.js is MIT licensed so you're free to use it as long as you follow the license.

There's also buildinginstructions.js (another Three.js LDR loader) which we use here on LDraw.org and is public domain.

That's cool. I'll be sure to include at least part of both ThreeJS frameworks Wink . In the mean time, I'll be working on upgrading my existing version (don't even ask, I wrote it long ago in my programming...)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »