Part downloads

Part downloads
Hi all, I have recently updated my parts list by downloading the complete zip. Unfortunately there are still loads of items missing from it like , wheel arches, fairing panels and wheels and tyres etc. is there a simple way of downloading a file that would give me more items to use? If so it will have to be dumbed down as I am not very good with computer jargon etc! Any help will be very much appreciated.
Regards Martin Stockton.
RE: Part downloads
(2024-02-01, 19:21)Martin Stockton Wrote: Hi all, I have recently updated my parts list by downloading the complete zip. Unfortunately there are still loads of items missing from it like , wheel arches, fairing panels and wheels and tyres etc. is there a simple way of downloading a file that would give me more items to use? If so it will have to be dumbed down as I am not very good with computer jargon etc! Any help will be very much appreciated.
Regards Martin Stockton.

Hi Martin,

Are you sure you downloaded complete.zip and not lcad2401.zip by mistake? Also, what LDraw editor software are you using?
(2024-02-01, 22:23)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Hi Martin,

Are you sure you downloaded complete.zip and not lcad2401.zip by mistake? Also, what LDraw editor software are you using?

Hi, thank you for your response, I have double checked and I have definitely used the complete . zip! I dont know how to answer the second part. All I have used is what I have downloaded from the LCad website??
Regards Martin.
What program are you using to create LDraw models? Examples include MLCad, LDCad, LeoCAD.
(2024-02-02, 22:10)Orion Pobursky Wrote: What program are you using to create LDraw models? Examples include MLCad, LDCad, LeoCAD.

Hi, I am using LDCad
If downloaded parts aren't showing up in LDCad, the first thing to check is that the program is correctly set up to point to your parts library. You set that up under the menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths.

First be sure that you've saved complete.zip in the correct folder on your computer (the one you've decided to use as your LDraw parts library). Then in the menu above, ensure you have at least an entry for an Official library with that same folder as its location. If you need to browse for it, be sure to select Browse Archive on the top line, as you're pointing to a zip file (a type of archive).

You may find some of the info in this earlier thread useful: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-27439.html
Roland also gives instructions there on how to reset your configuration, if you're totally lost. That will force you to set up your library location again, so you just find your complete.zip at that time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »