Issue with Decorating Part 68881

Issue with Decorating Part 68881
Hey there, I have an issue regarding Part 68881 - 10 x 5 x 2.667 Semi Circle with Curved Top when it comes to decorating it in BrickLink PartDesigner.

I tried applying a Powerpuff Girl's face onto it, but her smile is missing its center. Is there any way you could update this part's surface to make decorating it more feasible?
RE: Issue with Decorating Part 68881
We will not change the part. The part is dual mold and to use it it has its surfaces modeled as it.

However you need to outplay Partsdesigner.

Why PD does not project on the complete surface is a riddle, the surfaces are actually four subfiles and it projects only onto two.

Nevertheless, I tried to apply serveral decals onto 68881 and I discovered that you can trick it to apply the decal on the other surfaces as well.

So I cut off a "Mouth only" section that is 10 x 2 studs from the original 10x5 studs image

I then positioned and applied the mouth first

Once that was OK, I applied the complete decal:

After that it looks ok like this with the complete Face:

My picture did not have an transparent part, that's why you till see the border.
RE: Issue with Decorating Part 68881
What is still puzzling to me is the fact that when I applied the the mouth part, it was streching over part of all four subfiles...
That is a strange way PD behaves...

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10789]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »